- 500 g cauliflower floret
- 150 g zucchini, diced
- 120 g short cut bacon, diced
- 1/2 --- onion, halved
- 1 --- garlic clove
- 50 g coconut cream
- 150 g Liquid stock/bone broth
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 20 g Fat (butter, ghee, lard)
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Describe the preparation steps of your recipe
Add cauliflower florets to mixing bowl and blitz 4sec//sp5. The cauliflower should now resemble rice. Set the cauliflower rice aside and scrape bowl out well.
Add onion and garlic to bowl and chop /4sec/sp5. Scrape bowl. Add bacon (reserve some to garnish) and fat to the bowl and sautee 2mins/varoma//sp2/MC off.
Add zucchini and 100g stock and cook for 5mins/100deg//sp2/Basket on top in place of MC.
Add cauliflower rice and remaining stock to the mixing bowl and cook for a further 8mins/100deg//sp2/Basket on top in place of MC.
Meanwhile grill your reserved bacon until crisp and set aside.
Add coconut cream and salt and pepper to taste to the mixing bowl. 1min/100deg//sp2.
Transfer to thermoserver for 5 minutes before serving and garnish with parsley or spring onions and crisp bacon pieces.
This served 2 adults for a main meal (quite large serves) but would also be suitable as a side dish for 4 people.
I used 200g of bone broth when I made it (see photo) but it may be a bit too runny for some hence why I have reduced to 150g in the ingredient list. If you prefer a more creamy 'risotto' feel free to replace 50g of the liquid with an extra 50g of coconut cream.
As seen //simplynourishingblog.wordpress.com/2015/07/23/cauliflower-risotto-with-zucchini-and-bacon/
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Healthy breakfast
- Potato pancakes
- Savoury Pancakes basic pancake recipe has been adapted from Delia Smith's complete cookery course
- RAW SPINACH QUICHE – ADAPTED FROM A RECIPE FROM MIMI KIRK’S “LIVE RAW”
- Lemon Chilli Chicken with Couscous
- Steamed Vegetables and Mash Potatoes- Instructions for kids
- Chicken, spinach and feta quiche with a quinoa and parmesan crust
- Mums Egg and Bacon Pie
- Balinese Chicken
- LCHF chicken, bacon, broccoli, mushroom bake
- Risotto with Choritzo and Mushrooms
- Sesame chicken
- Key Lime Pie
- Devilled Eggs
- Buffalo Wings
- Nectarine and Peach Smoothie
- Panna Cottas with Peaches and Thyme Syrup
- Peach and Raspberry Crumble
- Couscous Vegetable Salad
- Salmon Omelette
- Nectarine, Banana and Green Tea Lollies
- Lamb and Paprika Rice
- Lamb Stuffed with Dried Fruit and Nuts
- RAVIOLI WITH SWEET RICOTTA FILLING AND LAMB RAGU