- 20 grams Fresh Thai Basil, Leaves only
- 20 grams fresh corriander leaves, plus extra for garnishing
- 180 grams red onion
- 2 red chillies, pref deseeded
- 20 grams oil
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 tbsp Sweet chilli sauce
- 1 tbsp sweet soya sauce
- 800 grams skinless chicken breasts
- 270 grams Coconut milk
- 30 grams lime juice, approx 3 limes
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
- Place the fresh Thai basil and the coriander into the mixing bowl and chop 3sec/speed 7. Transfer and set aside.
- Add the onion and red chillies into the bowl and chop for 3 sec/ speed 7. Scrape the sides with the spatula
- Pour the oil and sauté 3 min/120 c/speed 1
- Add the fish sauce, sweet chilli, soya sauce and the reserved basil and coriander mixture and cook 2 min/120 C/speed 1
- Put the chicken and coconut milk and cook 14 min/100 C/ / or until the chicken is cooked through
- Transfer to a large bowl and stir the lime juice.
- Serve with extra coriander and chilli to taste before serving.
Serve the Thai chilli chicken and basil with basmati rice and lime wedges
Thai chilli chicken and basil
Accessories you need
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Easy "Roast" Chicken & Veg
- Chicken Cacciatore
- Chicken and Ricotta meatballs
- Paleo Lamb Burgers
- Italian Beef and Sausage Casserole
- Mc Rib Patties
- Best sausage casserole
- Quick Chicken Curry
- Balmoral Chicken, stuffed with Haggis, Root Vegetable Mash and Whisky and Peppercorn Sauce
- Buffalo Wings
- Lamb and Paprika Rice
- Lamb Stuffed with Dried Fruit and Nuts
- "I forgot to buy bread" Quick lunchbox Spelt Rolls
- Naan like the takeaway curry naan
- Asian Pesto
- Seed flapjacks
- Pennette with saffron and prawns
- sun dried tomatoes pesto
- peppers and balsamic vinegar gazpacho
- Rice fish and vegetables all in one
- Courgette & Chorizo Soup
- Chilli prawn linguine
- Red rice with feta, beetroot and smoked mackerel
- Healthy & Delicious Sea Bass Noodle Soup