- 4 chicken breasts, on the bone
- 40 g extra virgin olive oil
- 9 garlic cloves
- 120 g dry white wine
- 1 lemon, juice only
- 1.5 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp fresh thyme leaves
- 1 lemon
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 onion
- 200 g couscous
- 300 g water
- 1/2 Chicken Stock Cube
- 1 knob of butter
- 20 g pine nuts
- chopped parsley, to taste
- Preheat the oven at 200C. Peel the garlic cloves in the TM bowl 30 sec/speed 3.5 on REVERSE blades. Remove the skins and garlic.
- Turn dial to the speed 8 and drop the garlic on the running blades to chop finely.
- Scrape the sides and add the olive oil. Cook 3 min/100C/speed 1.
- Add the white wine, lemon juice, oregano and thyme and 1/2 tsp sea salt. Stir with spatula and pour into a roasting dish.
- Place the chicken breasts skin side up over the sauce. Brush with olive oil, sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Cut the lemon into 8 wedges and place between the chicken breasts. Bake for 30 to 40 min.
- chop the onion 2 sec/speed 5. Scrape down the sides with the spatula.
- Add the butter and cook for 5 min/100C/speed 2 until soft.
- Add the water and stock and cook for 2 min/Varoma/speed 1.
- Add the couscous and close the lid and leave to soak.
- dry roast the pine nuts in a fry pan for a few minutes, watching over and stirring to avoid burning. Set aside.
- When the chicken is cooked, take out of the oven and cover with foil.
- Pour the couscous into a serving dish. Add the chopped parsley and pine nuts to the couscous and fluff using a fork.
- Serve with the lemon juice/olive oil baking sauce poured on top.
Accessories you need
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Masoor dal, red lentil curry
- Apple, Pear and Banana Purée.
- Stir fried egg noodles with duck breast and vegetables
- Chicken Chasni
- Low fat Pasta with fresh Tarragon and chicken thighs in tomato sauce
- Lemon Meringue Pie - Gluten Free & Lactose Free & Soya Free & Nut Free
- Paleo Beef Burgers
- Chicken curry
- Variation The Perfect Lasagne
- Variation Chicken Enchiladas
- Curried sweet potato soup
- Honey Pork Ribs