- 80 g onions, quartered
- 1 small handful fresh parsley, leaves only
- 50 g blanched almonds
- 50 g pistachio nuts, unsalted, peeled
- 50 g pine nuts
- 50 g dates
- 50 g dried figs
- 10 g honey
- 2 tsp ras el hanout
- 2 pinches fine sea salt, or to taste
- 2 pinches ground black pepper, or to taste
- 1000 g lamb shoulder, boned and rolled
- 20 g olive oil
2h 30minPreparation 30minBaking/Cooking
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
- Preheat oven to 140°C.
- Place onions and parsley in mixing bowl then chop 5 sec/speed 7. Scrape down sides of mixing bowl with spatula.
- Add almonds, pistachios, pine nuts, dates, figs, honey, ras el hanout, salt and pepper then blend 10 sec/speed 5. Unroll lamb shoulder, spread mixture over the inside then re-roll and tie with butcher's string to secure.
- Place rolled lamb shoulder in a roasting tin and brush with olive oil. Roast for 2 hours (140°C) - see tip. Remove from oven, cover with foil and allow to rest for 15 minutes before carving. Serve with your favourite vegetable side dish.
Adjust cooking time of lamb according to preferred end result. The best method of checkingis to use a meat thermometer: rare 52°C / medium 60°C / well done 75-80°C.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Key Lime Pie
- Devilled Eggs
- Buffalo Wings
- Nectarine and Peach Smoothie
- Panna Cottas with Peaches and Thyme Syrup
- Peach and Raspberry Crumble
- Couscous Vegetable Salad
- Salmon Omelette
- Nectarine, Banana and Green Tea Lollies
- Lamb and Paprika Rice
- RAVIOLI WITH SWEET RICOTTA FILLING AND LAMB RAGU
- Omelette Muffins