- 640 g water
- 200 g plain flour, plus extra for dusting
- 130 g pork meat, cut into pieces
- 70 g dried shiitake mushrooms, rehydrated in warm water for 20 minutes
- 70 g Prawns, raw, peeled
- 30 g string onions, cut in thin slices
- 2 egg whites, from large eggs
- 2 tbsp Corn Flour
- 1/2 tsp fine sea salt
- 2 pinches ground white pepper
- 130 g fish fillet, cut in pieces
- 1 tbsp sunflower oil, for greasing
1h 45minPreparation 1h 45minBaking/Cooking
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
- Place 120g water in mixing bowl and heat 2 min 30 sec/80°C/speed 1.
- Add flour and mix 15 sec/speed 3. Remove mixing bowland lid to allow mixture to cool for 10 minutes.
- Add 20g iced water and mix 15 sec/speed 3. Transfer dough to a large bowl, cover with a wet paper towel and leave to stand for 15minutes. Meanwhile, clean mixing bowl.
- Place pork, 35g mushrooms and 35g prawns in mixing bowl then chop 3 sec/speed 5.
- Add 15 g spring onions, 1 egg white, 1 Tbsp corn flour, ¼ tsp salt and 1 pinch white pepper then mix 15 sec/speed 2. Transfer to a bowl and set aside. Clean mixing bowl.
- Place fish, remaining 30g mushrooms and remaining 30g prawns in mixing bowl then chop 3 sec/speed 5.
- Add remaining 15 g spring onions, 1 egg white, 1 Tbsp corn flour, ¼ tsp salt and 1 pinch white pepper then mix 10 sec/speed 2. Grease Varoma dish and tray with oil.
- Divide dough into 11 equal-sized balls and keep covered with damp paper towel to prevent drying out. Cut a dough ball into 4 equal pieces and roll into small ball shapes.
- On a lightly floured work surface, roll ball out to a thin circle (approx. Ø7 cm). Place a small amount of meat or fish filling (approx. 1 tsp) on each circle. Form small bags (Shau Mei shape) and place in oiled Varoma dish and tray. Repeat until both fillings are used.
- Place remaining 500 g water in mixing bowl. Place covered Varoma into position and steam 17 min/Varoma/speed 1. Serve hot with soy or sweet chilli sauce.
To keep the two 'Shau Mei' versions separate you can place some spring onions or prawn pieces onto the 'Shau Mei'.
For a vegetarian option: 110 g tofu, 30 g mushrooms, ½ tsp ginger (freshly chopped), chop 3 sec/speed 5. Add 15 g spring onions, 1 egg white, 20 g corn flour, ¼ tsp salt and 1 pinch white pepper, mix 10 sec/speed 2.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Key Lime Pie
- Devilled Eggs
- Buffalo Wings
- Nectarine and Peach Smoothie
- Panna Cottas with Peaches and Thyme Syrup
- Peach and Raspberry Crumble
- Couscous Vegetable Salad
- Salmon Omelette
- Nectarine, Banana and Green Tea Lollies
- Lamb and Paprika Rice
- Lamb Stuffed with Dried Fruit and Nuts
- RAVIOLI WITH SWEET RICOTTA FILLING AND LAMB RAGU
- Apple, Pear and Banana Purée.
- Low fat Pasta with fresh Tarragon and chicken thighs in tomato sauce
- Lemon Meringue Pie - Gluten Free & Lactose Free & Soya Free & Nut Free
- JEAN's OWN VEGETABLE SOUP
- Cranberry Curd
- Healthy breakfast
- "I forgot to buy bread" Quick lunchbox Spelt Rolls
- Naan like the takeaway curry naan
- Asian Pesto
- Pennette with saffron and prawns
- Rice fish and vegetables all in one
- Watermelon drink