- 7 tortillas
- 300 grams chicken breast, roughly chopped
- 500 grams water
- 1 onion, peeled and quartered
- 1 clove garlic, peeled
- 1 Capsicum, diced
- 3 tablespoons fajita seasoning, or to taste
- 200 grams sour cream
- 200 grams Tomato salsa
- 150 grams grated cheese
Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
Place chicken into rice basket. Put into place in bowl. Pour over water.
Cook at varoma temp, speed 3 for 18 minutes or until cooked through.
Empty water from bowl.
Add onion and garlic. Blitz on speed 8 for 5 secs. Scrape down.
Add oil and seasoning.
Cook at varoma temperature, speed 2 for 4 minutes or until spices become aromatic.
Shred on reverse, speed 4 for 4-6 seconds.
Warm tortillas in the microwave for 30 secs to soften them. This makes them easy to work with.
On a tortilla spread some sour cream, top with salsa then chicken. Add some capsicum and some cheese. Wrap up ensuring there is no gap.
Place folded edge down on a lined baking tray.
Repeat for all tortillas.
Bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown on the outside.
Serve with salad.
These are so easy, tasty and very adaptable to suit different tastes. You can use mince or shredded beef instead.
Vary the filling to include veggies you like such as corn kernals, carrot ribbons, avocado, beans etc. If you don't like cheese don't add it.
You don't have to bake them if you prefer soft tortillas. I like the crunch of them though when baked.
They are just as yummy hot or cold. When cold they are nice and soft with only a slight crunch. See, very adaptable!
Great to pop into a lunch box.
This recipe is very approximate as it is to taste. I make 7 from this recipe but you can vary the size to get more or less
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Key Lime Pie
- Devilled Eggs
- Buffalo Wings
- Nectarine and Peach Smoothie
- Panna Cottas with Peaches and Thyme Syrup
- Peach and Raspberry Crumble
- Couscous Vegetable Salad
- Salmon Omelette
- Nectarine, Banana and Green Tea Lollies
- Lamb and Paprika Rice
- Lamb Stuffed with Dried Fruit and Nuts
- RAVIOLI WITH SWEET RICOTTA FILLING AND LAMB RAGU
- Stir fried egg noodles with duck breast and vegetables
- Chicken Chasni
- Low fat Pasta with fresh Tarragon and chicken thighs in tomato sauce
- Roasted Red Pepper Puree
- Lemon Meringue Pie - Gluten Free & Lactose Free & Soya Free & Nut Free
- Paleo Beef Burgers
- Chicken curry
- Variation The Perfect Lasagne
- Variation Chicken Enchiladas
- Curried sweet potato soup
- Honey Pork Ribs
- Muhammara (Red pepper and walnut dip)