- 2 ancho chillies, dried, deseeded
- 100 g water, hot
- 600 g pork fillet, sliced (2 cm)
- 250 g orange juice
- 300 g water
- 130 g onions, quartered
- 5 cloves garlic
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp fine sea salt
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 35 g vinegar, malt
- 30 g lard, or butter
1h 50minPreparation 50minBaking/Cooking
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
- Place a bowl on mixing bowl lid.
- Place chillies and hot water in bowl then set aside for 20 minutes. Meanwhile cook the pork.
- Place pork, orange juice, water in mixing bowl then cook 30 min/80°C//speed 1. Strain and reserve cooking liquid.
- Place cooked pork back in bowl and shred 4 sec//speed 4. Transfer to a bowl and set aside.
- Place soaked chillies (drained), 150g reserved cooking liquid, onions, garlic, oregano, cumin, salt, pepper and vinegar in mixing bowl. Chop 30 sec/speed 10.
- Add lard and reserved shredded pork then cook 20 min/90°C//speed 2.
- Serve with flour tortillas and salad or refried beans.
Accessories you need
Traditionally served with flour tortillas and lettuce and tomato. The chilorio canalso be used as a filling for chimichangas or burritos, and accompanied by guacamole.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Key Lime Pie
- Devilled Eggs
- Buffalo Wings
- Nectarine and Peach Smoothie
- Panna Cottas with Peaches and Thyme Syrup
- Peach and Raspberry Crumble
- Couscous Vegetable Salad
- Salmon Omelette
- Nectarine, Banana and Green Tea Lollies
- Lamb and Paprika Rice
- Lamb Stuffed with Dried Fruit and Nuts
- RAVIOLI WITH SWEET RICOTTA FILLING AND LAMB RAGU
- Cauliflower mash
- Red pepper and tomato soup
- Masoor dal, red lentil curry
- Apple, Pear and Banana Purée.
- Stir fried egg noodles with duck breast and vegetables
- Low fat Pasta with fresh Tarragon and chicken thighs in tomato sauce
- Roasted Red Pepper Puree
- Lemon Meringue Pie - Gluten Free & Lactose Free & Soya Free & Nut Free
- Paleo Beef Burgers
- Chicken curry
- Variation The Perfect Lasagne
- Variation Chicken Enchiladas