- 4 chicken breast fillets, skinless
- 300 g roasted peanuts, unsalted
- 2 fresh red chillies, tops removed
- 10 g fresh ginger, sliced in rounds (2 mm)
- 2 Limes, medium (or 4 small)
- 30 g fish sauce
- 25 g light brown sugar
- 20 g fresh coriander
- 400 g Coconut milk
2h 0minPreparation 30minBaking/Cooking
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
- Soak wooden skewers in warm water for 30 minutes. Cut each chicken breast in 4long strips, thread each strip onto a skewer and place in a large dish.
- Place peanuts in mixing bowl and grind 5 sec/speed 9 until fine, then blend 15 sec/speed 8 until a paste.
- Add chilli, ginger, lime zest, 45 g lime juice, fish sauce, sugar and coriander then blend 5 sec/speed 8. Scrape down sides and base of mixing bowl with spatula and mix again 5 sec/speed 8. Scrape down sides of mixing bowl with spatula again.
- Add coconut milk and mix 1 min/speed 3. Transfer half the mixture to dish containing chicken and turn the skewers so all the chicken is coated, then leave to marinate in fridge for at least 1 hour. Transfer remaining sauce to a jug and chill until serving time.
- Heat grill or BBQ to high and grill chicken skewers 6 -7 minutes on each side, brushing with marinade a few times. Serve with reserved sauce.
Soaking the skewers in water for 1 hour before adding the chicken prevents them from burning during cooking.
The flavours will be stronger if you are able to leave the chicken to marinate overnight in step 5.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- The Best Boozy Chilli Con Carne
- Chicken Chasni
- Paleo Beef Burgers
- Chicken curry
- Variation The Perfect Lasagne
- Variation Chicken Enchiladas
- Honey Pork Ribs
- Broccoli and Quinoa Risotto with pan seared Chicken
- Easy "Roast" Chicken & Veg
- Chicken Cacciatore
- Thai Chilli Chicken and Basil
- Chicken and Ricotta meatballs
- Key Lime Pie
- Devilled Eggs
- Buffalo Wings
- Nectarine and Peach Smoothie
- Panna Cottas with Peaches and Thyme Syrup
- Peach and Raspberry Crumble
- Couscous Vegetable Salad
- Salmon Omelette
- Nectarine, Banana and Green Tea Lollies
- Lamb and Paprika Rice
- Lamb Stuffed with Dried Fruit and Nuts
- RAVIOLI WITH SWEET RICOTTA FILLING AND LAMB RAGU