- 3 cloves garlic
- 1/2 - 1 fresh red chilli, to taste
- 30 g butter
- 900 g chicken wings, preferably organic (approx 10 wings)
- 1/2 tsp fine sea salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp Brown sugar
- 1/2 tbsp worcestershire sauce
- 25 g whisky
- 75 g ketchup
- 700 g water
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
- Place garlic and chilli in mixing bowl then chop 2 sec/speed 7. Scrape down sides and base of mixing bowl with spatula.
- Add butter and sauté 4 min/100°C/speed . Meanwhile, place chicken wings in a large bowl.
- Add salt, pepper, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce, whisky, ketchup and 100 g water then heat 5 min/100°C/speed 1. Pour over chicken wings and mix well with spatula.
- Transfer coated chicken wings and sauce to a roasting bag, seal then place bag in Varoma dish and cover with Varoma lid.
- Transfer coated chicken wings and sauce to a roasting bag, seal then place bag in Varoma dish and cover with Varoma lid.Place remaining 600 g water in mixing bowl. Place Varoma into position and steam 18 min/Varoma/speed . Remove Varoma lid and carefully turn over roasting bag. Cover and steam again 18 min/Varoma/speed . Towards end of steaming time, preheat oven to 250°C. Set Varoma aside and discard contents in mixing bowl. Carefully open roasting bag, then leaving liquid in bag, use tongs to transfer chicken wings to a baking tray.
- Bake wings for 5 minutes on each side (250°C) until golden brown. Meanwhile, place cooking liquid from bag in mixing bowl and heat 5 min/Varoma/speed 1.
- Transfer baked wings to a serving dish and pour over sauce. Mix well with a spatula and serve immediately.
Accessories you need
Traditionally buffalo wings are served with a blue cheese sauce and celery sticks.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- The Best Boozy Chilli Con Carne
- Chicken Chasni
- Paleo Beef Burgers
- Chicken curry
- Variation The Perfect Lasagne
- Variation Chicken Enchiladas
- Honey Pork Ribs
- Broccoli and Quinoa Risotto with pan seared Chicken
- Easy "Roast" Chicken & Veg
- Chicken Cacciatore
- Thai Chilli Chicken and Basil
- Chicken and Ricotta meatballs
- Key Lime Pie
- Devilled Eggs
- Nectarine and Peach Smoothie
- Panna Cottas with Peaches and Thyme Syrup
- Peach and Raspberry Crumble
- Couscous Vegetable Salad
- Salmon Omelette
- Nectarine, Banana and Green Tea Lollies
- Lamb and Paprika Rice
- Lamb Stuffed with Dried Fruit and Nuts
- RAVIOLI WITH SWEET RICOTTA FILLING AND LAMB RAGU
- Omelette Muffins
- Sugar Free Plain Yoghurt
- Chorizo Risotto
- Tomato Ketchup - Sugar Free
- The Best Boozy Chilli Con Carne
- Fat and Gluten Free Pepper Steak Sauce
- Baked Marble Cheesecake with Brownie Base
- Russian Honey cake
- Cauliflower mash
- Red pepper and tomato soup
- Nutella Crepes
- Oatmeal with Chia Seeds
- Masoor dal, red lentil curry