THERMOMIX ® RECIPE
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 chicken breast fillets, skinless
- 1 lemon juice, (juice of 1 lemon)
- sea salt flakes
- pepper, freshly ground
- 80 g parmesan cheese, cut in pieces
- 30 g pine nuts
- 1 garlic clove
- 80 g fresh basil leaves
- 150 g extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 level tsp sea salt
- 500 g broccoli florets
- 1 shallot, or 50g onion
- 2 garlic clove
- 700 g chicken stock, or veg stock
- 100 g quinoa flakes
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
- Flaten chicken breasts between 2 pieces of cling film, place in a bowl and squeeze lemon juice over them, a bit of olive oil, season, cover with cling film and place in fridge.
- Place parmesan cheese in mixing bowl and grate 15s/speed 10.
- Ad pine nuts, garlic clove, basil leaves, EEVO and salt and chop 20s/speed 7. Transfer to a bowl and cover with cling film until needed
- Without washing the bowl, place broccoli and chop 5 seconds/ reverse speed 5. Set aside in bowl.
- Without washing the bowl, place the shallot and the peeled garlic cloves and chop 5s/speed 5. Scrape sides of the bowl, add a tablespoon of olive oil and sauté 3m/100C/speed 1.
- Return the broccoli ‘rice’ to the bowl, add the quinoa flakes, stock, a bit of salt and pepper and cook 15 min/100C/reverse speed 1.
- While the risotto is cooking, heat a frying pan and sear the breasts 3/4 minutes each side until cooked through.
- When the risotto is cooked, add 75-100g of the reserved pesto to taste and stir through.
- Plate the risotto and top with the sliced chicken breasts, grate more parmesan on top and a bit of black pepper. Enjoy!
Accessories you need
Make it veggie omitting the chicken.
Delicious with roasted cherry tomatoes on top
Leftover pesto freezes brilliantly
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.