- 2 pieces Porterhouse steak, trimmed
- 2 red onions, sliced into strips
- 1/4 jar Roasted red capsicum, cut into strips 1-2 cm wide.
- 1 teaspoon cumin ground
- 1 teaspoon coriander ground
- 1/2 teaspoon dried onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika, smoked
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
1. Combine cumin, corriander, garlic, onion and paprika (with optional chili) in a bowl and rub into trimmed steaks and sliced onions. Set aside to marinate if wanted, but not needed!
2. Place half the onions into bottom tray of Varoma and the other half of the onions, together with the steaks, into the top Varoma tray. Place 500ml water in jug and cook on Varoma for 12-14 mins, speed 2, depending on how you like your meat cooked.
3. Meanwhile, heat olive oil in a frypan on the stovetop (med-high setting) to sear meat quickly when cooked if wanted and to caramelise onions and red capsicum. Remove seared steaks from frypan and slice, while continuing to caramelise onions and capsicum (no stirring needed).
4. When sliced, return steak strips to pan to combine with onion/capsicum mix or else place aside to put on top of vegetables.
SERVE WITH - Thermomix made tortilas, salsa, pico de gallo, grated cheese, sour cream, guacamole and/or any other fresh vegetables.
Accessories you need
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Broccoli and Quinoa Risotto with pan seared Chicken
- Easy "Roast" Chicken & Veg
- Chicken Cacciatore
- Thai Chilli Chicken and Basil
- Chicken and Ricotta meatballs
- Paleo Lamb Burgers
- Italian Beef and Sausage Casserole
- Mc Rib Patties
- Best sausage casserole
- Quick Chicken Curry
- Balmoral Chicken, stuffed with Haggis, Root Vegetable Mash and Whisky and Peppercorn Sauce
- Buffalo Wings
- Key Lime Pie
- Devilled Eggs
- Buffalo Wings
- Nectarine and Peach Smoothie
- Panna Cottas with Peaches and Thyme Syrup
- Peach and Raspberry Crumble
- Couscous Vegetable Salad
- Salmon Omelette
- Nectarine, Banana and Green Tea Lollies
- Lamb and Paprika Rice
- Lamb Stuffed with Dried Fruit and Nuts
- RAVIOLI WITH SWEET RICOTTA FILLING AND LAMB RAGU