THERMOMIX ® RECIPE
- 20 g sundried tomatoes
- 1 sprig fresh basil, leaves only
- 0.5-1 long red chilli, cut into halves and desseded if preferred
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 1 pinch pepper, freshly ground
- 80 g butter, cut into cubes
- 500 g water, for steaming
- 250 g raw large prawns, peeled and de-veined, tails on
- 50 g Sourdough Bread
- 150 g water
- 1 red capsicum, roasted, cut into halves, deseeded and skins removed
- 650 g vine ripened tomatoes, cut into halves, plus extra diced for garnishing
- ½ garlic clove
- 1 pinch sweet paprika
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 30 g extra virgin olive oil
- 1-2 pinches pepper, plus extra for dusting
- 1-2 pinches sea salt, plus extra for prawns
- 30 g cucumber, diced for garnishing
Place sundried tomatoes, basil and chilli into mixing bowl and chop 3 sec/speed 7. Scrape down sides of mixing bowl with spatula.
Add salt, pepper and butter and chop 5 sec/speed 7. Scrape down side of mixing bowl with spatula and chop a further 3 sec/speed 7. Transfer into a bowl and set aside.
Without cleaning the mixing bowl, place water into mixing bowl. Place Varoma into position and weigh prawns into Varoma dish and tray, season with salt and pepper and top each prawn with some reserved chilli butter (approx. 4 tbsp total). Steam 9 min/Varoma/speed 1. Place prawns into the refrigerator to chill. Clean and dry mixing bowl.
Place bread and water in a large bowl and allow to sit for 1 minute until bread is soft. Squeeze out water and place bread into mixing bowl with all tomato gazpacho ingredients and blend 1 min/speed 10. Taste and adjust seasoning if needed and blend a further 1 min/speed 10. Place into refrigerator to chill (at least 1 hour).
Once chilled, serve soup in small bowls, topped with chilled prawns, diced cucumber and tomato, croutons and a sprinkle of black pepper.
Sundried tomato and chill butter
This is a great summer starter before a BBQ or seafood dinner.Serve with some grilled sourdough bread topped with sundried tomato and chilli butter on the side.
Bake your own croutons in the oven out of leftover sourdough bread.
Can be made a day ahead and stored in the refrigerator. For something a little more fancy, substitute the prawns in this recipe with lobster or marron. Steaming times will need to be adjusted accordingly.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Rice fish and vegetables all in one
- Healthy & Delicious Sea Bass Noodle Soup
- Thermomix Lemon Cod with anchovies
- Monkfish with prawns in spicy sauce
- Squid in paprika sauce
- Speedy salmon supper
- Lemon Squid
- Easy Moules Mariniere in White Wine and Pernod Broth
- Mussels in cava sauce
- CHUNKY FISH CHOWDER
- Mini Crab Cakes With Coriander Paste
- Shrimp Stew (Moqueca de Camarao)
- Key Lime Pie
- Devilled Eggs
- Buffalo Wings
- Nectarine and Peach Smoothie
- Panna Cottas with Peaches and Thyme Syrup
- Peach and Raspberry Crumble
- Couscous Vegetable Salad
- Salmon Omelette
- Nectarine, Banana and Green Tea Lollies
- Lamb and Paprika Rice
- Lamb Stuffed with Dried Fruit and Nuts
- RAVIOLI WITH SWEET RICOTTA FILLING AND LAMB RAGU
- Variation The Perfect Lasagne
- Victoria Sponge
- Muhammara (Red pepper and walnut dip)
- Choc Chip Oat and Quinoa Cookies
- JEAN's OWN VEGETABLE SOUP
- Cranberry Curd
- Healthy breakfast
- Tomato and red pepper soup
- Chocolate pear cake
- Broccoli and Quinoa Risotto with pan seared Chicken
- Black Olive Biscuits with cheese filling
- "I forgot to buy bread" Quick lunchbox Spelt Rolls