- 120 g bread, torn in pieces (approx 3 slices)
- 80 g yellow peppers, cut in pieces
- 10 g butter, diced
- 40 g sping onions, cut in pieces
- 1 egg, medium
- 40 g sour cream
- 1/2 tsp fine sea salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 2 tsp fresh thyme leaves
- 300 g crabmeat, white (excess liquid squeezed out)
- 15 g fresh coriander leaves
- 15 g fresh mint leaves
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 fresh green chilli, deseeded
- 1/2 avocado
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp sugar
- 1/4 tsp fine sea salt
- 25 g coconut cream
- 1 tbsp olive oil
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
- Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Place bread in mixing bowl and grind 5 sec/speed 8. Transfer to a bowl and set aside.
- Place yellow peppers in mixing bowl and chop 3 sec/speed 6. Strain through a sieve then transfer to a small bowl and set aside.
- Place butter and spring onions in mixing bowl then chop 5 sec/speed 6. Scrape down sides of mixing bowl with spatula. Sauté 3 min/100°C/speed 1. Transfer to bowl with peppers and set aside to cool.
- Place egg and sour cream in cooled mixing bowl then mix 5 sec/speed 3.
- Add reserved spring onion mixture, reserved breadcrumbs, salt, pepper, thyme and crab meat then mix 10 sec/speed 3. Scrape down sides of mixing bowl with spatula then mix again 3 sec/speed 4.
- Shape 1 Tbsp mixture into flat rounds, then place on lined tray and transfer to fridge for 30 minutes. Meanwhile, clean mixing bowl and make coriander paste.
- Place coriander and mint leaves in mixing bowl then chop 3 sec/speed 7. Scrape down sides of mixing bowl with spatula.
- Add garlic, chilli, avocado, lemon juice, cumin, sugar, salt and coconut cream then blend 10 sec/speed 7. Transfer to a small bowl, cover with cling film and chill in fridge.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan with oil then fry crab cakes in batches over a medium heat for 2-3 minutes on each side. Serve warm with ½tsp coriander paste on each cake.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Rice fish and vegetables all in one
- Healthy & Delicious Sea Bass Noodle Soup
- Thermomix Lemon Cod with anchovies
- Monkfish with prawns in spicy sauce
- Squid in paprika sauce
- Speedy salmon supper
- Lemon Squid
- Easy Moules Mariniere in White Wine and Pernod Broth
- Mussels in cava sauce
- CHUNKY FISH CHOWDER
- Shrimp Stew (Moqueca de Camarao)
- Key Lime Pie
- Devilled Eggs
- Buffalo Wings
- Nectarine and Peach Smoothie
- Panna Cottas with Peaches and Thyme Syrup
- Peach and Raspberry Crumble
- Couscous Vegetable Salad
- Salmon Omelette
- Nectarine, Banana and Green Tea Lollies
- Lamb and Paprika Rice
- Lamb Stuffed with Dried Fruit and Nuts
- RAVIOLI WITH SWEET RICOTTA FILLING AND LAMB RAGU
- Stir fried egg noodles with duck breast and vegetables
- Chicken Chasni
- Low fat Pasta with fresh Tarragon and chicken thighs in tomato sauce
- Redcurrant /whitecurrant jelly
- Sweet Light Scones
- Granola Bars
- Mini Carrot Muffins (Baby/Toddler - no added sugar)
- Roasted Red Pepper Puree
- Lemon Meringue Pie - Gluten Free & Lactose Free & Soya Free & Nut Free
- Paleo Flourless Brownie Bite
- Paleo Beef Burgers
- Chicken curry