- 40 grams rice
- 5 grams raw sugar
- 270 grams Ayam coconut milk
- 500 grams white fish fillets, FROZEN and cut into thin strips
- 2 eggs
- Banana leaves or baking paper
- Lime leaves, thinly sliced
- 1 litre water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon EDC Chicken Stock Concentrate
- 10 grams fish sauce
- 3 shallots, halved
- 3 cloves garlic
- 2 cm piece of galangal, peeled
- 6 candlenuts
- 2 stalks lemongrass, roughly chopped
- 4-5 fresh red chillies
- 1 teaspoon chilli flakes
- 1/2 tablespoon shrimp paste
- 1 teaspoon tumeric powder
- 40 grams oil
Add rice and raw sugar to TM bowl and mill for 30 secs / speed 10. Set aside.
Add ‘Marinade Ingredients’ to bowl and chop for 10 secs / speed 8.
Scrape down sides of bowl and repeat, 10 secs / speed 8.
Add coconut milk, milled rice and sugar mixture to ‘Marinade Ingredients’, and combine for 5 secs /speed 6.
Add partially thawed fish and gently mix for 30 secs / speed 2, using spatula to assist as required.
Add ‘Seasoning Ingredients’, then place the 2 eggs on top and fold mixture for 15 secs / speed 2, be cautious not to over mix.
Allow fish to marinate for 30 minutes in TM bowl.
Cut banana leaves or baking paper into shape - square pieces. If using banana leaves, turn your stove top onto low heat and gently fan the banana leaf over the flame - this allows for the oils to be extracted and makes the leaf more flexible to fold without tearing.
Place 1 TBsp of fish mixture in the middle of the leaf, sprinkle a little chopped lime leaves on top.
Fold opposite sides of the banana leaf in half, to wrap the fish mixture, and then the other 2 sides to complete the parcel. Use a toothpick to pin them together.
Place all banana leaf parcels into the Varoma.
Quickly rinse the TM bowl and fill with 1L of water.
Steam for 25 mins / Varoma / speed 4.
Steam your rice at the same time, fill the TM bowl with 900g water and steam the rice in your rice basket
as per the recipe in your EDC.
Most ingredients can be purchased from your local asian grocer
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Rice fish and vegetables all in one
- Healthy & Delicious Sea Bass Noodle Soup
- Thermomix Lemon Cod with anchovies
- Monkfish with prawns in spicy sauce
- Squid in paprika sauce
- Speedy salmon supper
- Lemon Squid
- Easy Moules Mariniere in White Wine and Pernod Broth
- Mussels in cava sauce
- CHUNKY FISH CHOWDER
- Mini Crab Cakes With Coriander Paste
- Shrimp Stew (Moqueca de Camarao)
- Key Lime Pie
- Devilled Eggs
- Buffalo Wings
- Nectarine and Peach Smoothie
- Panna Cottas with Peaches and Thyme Syrup
- Peach and Raspberry Crumble
- Couscous Vegetable Salad
- Salmon Omelette
- Nectarine, Banana and Green Tea Lollies
- Lamb and Paprika Rice
- Lamb Stuffed with Dried Fruit and Nuts
- RAVIOLI WITH SWEET RICOTTA FILLING AND LAMB RAGU
- Sweet Light Scones
- Granola Bars
- Roasted Red Pepper Puree
- Lemon Meringue Pie - Gluten Free & Lactose Free & Soya Free & Nut Free
- Paleo Beef Burgers
- Chicken curry
- Variation The Perfect Lasagne
- Healthier hobnob style cookies
- Variation Chicken Enchiladas
- Curried sweet potato soup
- Honey Pork Ribs
- Muhammara (Red pepper and walnut dip)