- 4 portions Seabass/ Haddock fillets, (~100g each)
- 75 g Fresh shittake mushrooms, (cleaned, stalks trimmed and leave aside)
- 100 g baby corn, (sliced)
- 100 g carrots, (washed & peeled, reserve a few ribbons for garnish)
- some Courgette ribbons, (optional, for garnish)
- 1 portion Round lettuce, (washed & roughly torn)
- 1 portion Romaine lettuce, (washed & roughly torn)
- 80 g Dried anchovies, (available from Oriental supermarket)
- 4 cloves garlic
- 2 slices ginger
- 2 tbsp Vegetarian oyster sauce
- 3.5 tbsp soy sauce
- 3 tsp sesame oil
- 3 packages Mungbean transparent/ rice vermicelli noodles, (available from Oriental supermarket)
- 1200 g hot water
- 2 sheets Greaseproof paper, (large enough to wrap 2 fillets into a parcel)
- 1.5 tbsp Tianjin dong cai/ preserved cabbage, (rinsed/ optional, available from Oriental supermarket)
- 2 sheets Greaseproof paper, (large enough to fit 2 fillets in each)
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
1. Place carrots in and chop for 5 sec/ spd 5. Transfer chopped carrots into a bowl and place aside.
2. Wet and scrunch 2 large sheets of greaserpoof paper and spray one side with a little oil.
3. Place 2 sea bass fillets on each sheet of paper and drizzle each fillet with 1/2 tsp of soy sauce & 1/2 tsp of sesame oil.
4. Fold the greaseproof paper into 2 parcels and place in Varoma and set aside.
5. Add dried anchovies to the simmering basket and rinse well under cold tap. Add garlic cloves and mushrooms stalks to the simmering basket.
6. Pour 1200 g hot water into the (I still use my kettle to boil hot water which helps reduces the cooking time).
7. Place Varoma on top of and cook for 12-14 min/Varoma/ spd 2 until the fish fillets are cooked (be careful not to overcook them).
8. Remove mung bean noodles from packaging and soak in tap water. Drain the water when the noodles are slightly soften.
9. Remove Varoma and keep the fish in the parcels to keep warm.
10. Remove the simmering basket with the spatula and add baby corn, carrots, shiitake mushrooms, 2 tbsp oyster sauce, 1.5 tbsp soy sauce, 1/2 tsp sesame oil to the stock.
11. Cook for 4 min/ 100c / .
12. Add soften noodles, dong cai (optional) and *lettuce leaves and cook for 3 min/ 100c / .
* You might not be able to fit all of the lettuce leaves in one go. Once you've locked the lid in place, put more through the hole and stir them in with the aid of the spatula. Alternatively place leftover lettuce in the bowl you're using to serve and simply pour the noddle soup over them when you're done.
13. Divide the contents & soup into 4 bowls and place a sea bass fillet in each bowl, pour the juice collected in the parcel over the fish, DO NOT pour the juice away.
14. Garnish with some courgette and carrots ribbons (optional) and serve hot.
- Until today, my mum still uses dried anchovies to make stock which is super quick and easy, packed with umami and produces a clean-tasting broth. It might seems a bit fishy at first but once you've added other ingredients it's hardly noticeable.
- Though it might seems there are a lot on ingredients and steps involve, it's actually a very easy recipe and you can add in any vegetables you like.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Rice fish and vegetables all in one
- Thermomix Lemon Cod with anchovies
- Monkfish with prawns in spicy sauce
- Squid in paprika sauce
- Speedy salmon supper
- Lemon Squid
- Easy Moules Mariniere in White Wine and Pernod Broth
- Mussels in cava sauce
- CHUNKY FISH CHOWDER
- Mini Crab Cakes With Coriander Paste
- Shrimp Stew (Moqueca de Camarao)
- Aromatic Thai Fish Curry
- Low fat Pasta with fresh Tarragon and chicken thighs in tomato sauce
- Roasted Red Pepper Puree
- Paleo Beef Burgers
- Chicken curry
- Variation The Perfect Lasagne
- Variation Chicken Enchiladas
- Curried sweet potato soup
- Honey Pork Ribs
- Muhammara (Red pepper and walnut dip)
- Tomato and red pepper soup
- Broccoli and Quinoa Risotto with pan seared Chicken
- Rhubarb and Ginger Victoria Sandwich