THERMOMIX ® RECIPE
- 1000 g mussels, See Preparation Tips
- 2 garlic cloves, Peeled
- 1 brown onion, Peeled & Quartered
- 200 g Celery, Carrots, Red Peppers, Parsnips, Potatoes, Cleaned, de-seeded, peeled - any leftover "fridge" veggies
- 40 g butter
- 2 bay leaves
- 250 g dry white wine
- 100 g Pernod
- 200 g water
- Seasoning, Salt & freshly ground Black Pepper
1h 0minPreparation 30minBaking/Cooking
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
- A small bunch of Parsley is required for this recipe, I use curly parsley.
Add prepared Mussels to Varoma and season, set Varoma aside. Chop Onion, Garlic and "Fridge" Vegetables in bowl, 3 Seconds / Speed 5.
- Add Butter to bowl. 3 minutes / Varoma / Speed 1
- Add all additional ingredients & half the chopped parsley to bowl. Place Varoma on top and set Thermomix 25 Minutes / Varoma / Speed 1.
- Once cooked, place Mussels in large bowl, pour broth over them, sprinkle remaining parsley over the top and serve with Crusty Bread & airfried Frites (we love the tefal airfryer!).
Accessories you need
Place the Mussels in cold water for atleast 20 minutes. Clean the mussels thoroughly by scrubbing them & pulling away the 'beards', the seaweed-like stringy threads. Remove the beard by pulling toward the hinge using a towel between your forefinger and thumb for leverage. Discard any broken mussels along with the 'beards', and any mussels that don't close tightly when you tap them. Allow about 500 g per person for a main meal. Mussels are best enjoyed in season in the Uk (October through March).
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Garlic Shrimp Scampi Recipe
- Rice fish and vegetables all in one
- Healthy & Delicious Sea Bass Noodle Soup
- Thermomix Lemon Cod with anchovies
- Monkfish with prawns in spicy sauce
- Squid in paprika sauce
- Speedy salmon supper
- Lemon Squid
- Mussels in cava sauce
- CHUNKY FISH CHOWDER
- Mini Crab Cakes With Coriander Paste
- Shrimp Stew (Moqueca de Camarao)
- Bolognese Lasagna
- Valrhona Cookies
- Garlic Shrimp Scampi Recipe
- Icetea Sirup Cherry
- Olive Bread with Mediterranean herbs
- Sugar Free Plain Yoghurt
- Chorizo Risotto
- Fat and Gluten Free Pepper Steak Sauce
- Baked Marble Cheesecake with Brownie Base
- Russian Honey cake
- Red pepper and tomato soup
- Nutella Crepes