- 1 heaped tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 large onion
- 100 grams Streaky Bacon, Rindless and roughly chopped2
- 2 level tablespoons plain flour
- 600 grams Fish stock, Home made or cube
- 300 grams small potatoes, Halved
- 1 level teaspoon Mace
- 1 level teaspoon cayenne pepper, You can add more if you like it spicy
- 500 grams full fat milk
- 100 grams Frozen Sweetcorn
- 100 grams frozen peas
- 4 tablespoons single cream
- 650 grams Fish pie mixture, Frozen or fresh (but if frozen cook the fish for an extra 7 minutes)
- 250 grams King prawns, Frozen or fresh
- bunch parsley, Small bunch
- salt and pepper to taste
- Crusty bread to serve
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Chop the parsley 3 seconds/speed 6, set aside for later.
Quarter the onion, the oil and the bacon, add to the bowl and chop for 5 sec/speed 5. Scrape the sides of the bowl.
Sauté 6 min/100oC/speed 1.
Add the flour, programme 2 min/100oC/speed 1
Add the milk, fish stock, mace, cayenne pepper and salt to the bowl.
Insert the steaming basket and add the potatoes to the steaming basket programme 20min/90oC/speed 2/reverse
Put the varoma and add the peas and sweetcorn. Insert the varoma tray, greased and add the fish to the varoma tray and programme 20 min/varoma/sped 2/reverse
Put the chowder in a pan, add the fish, peas and sweetcorn, potatoes, stir in the cream, chopped parsley and mix it all together. Add pepper and salt if you need to, but the fish stock is quite salty.
Serve with the crusty bread
I use my own home made fish stock but if you do not have any a fish cube is absolutely fine.
If you like it more liquid just add another 100grs of water and 100 grs of milk.
Chunky Fish Chowder
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Rice fish and vegetables all in one
- Healthy & Delicious Sea Bass Noodle Soup
- Thermomix Lemon Cod with anchovies
- Monkfish with prawns in spicy sauce
- Squid in paprika sauce
- Speedy salmon supper
- Lemon Squid
- Easy Moules Mariniere in White Wine and Pernod Broth
- Mussels in cava sauce
- Mini Crab Cakes With Coriander Paste
- Shrimp Stew (Moqueca de Camarao)