- 50 grams raw sugar, or to taste
- 250 grams water
- 20 grams lemon juice
- 2 cinnamon quills large
- 12 cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 750 grams Good quality cider
Place sugar, water, lemon juice, cinnamon, cloves and nutmeg into TM bowl and cook for 5 min / 100 deg / speed 1
Add cider and cook 7 min / 80 deg / speed 1.
Use a good quality cider - Hillbilly from Bilpin NSW is my favourite as it has nothing but the fruit and is not super sweet like others I've tried. Pear cider will give a sweeter result than apple cider.
Increase the spices to suit you taste. A nice variation is with ground ginger and a couple cardamom pods.
Mulled drinks are perfectly suited for the cold months. Dare I sat it, but this mulled cider is a lovely day time drink! Mulled wine can be too heavy, but this would be lovely with a sunday roast or just afternoon cocktail hour snacks.
Freeze any leftovers and use for a grown up sorbet with fresh pear or apple and some ginger!
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Key Lime Pie
- Devilled Eggs
- Buffalo Wings
- Nectarine and Peach Smoothie
- Panna Cottas with Peaches and Thyme Syrup
- Peach and Raspberry Crumble
- Couscous Vegetable Salad
- Salmon Omelette
- Nectarine, Banana and Green Tea Lollies
- Lamb and Paprika Rice
- Lamb Stuffed with Dried Fruit and Nuts
- RAVIOLI WITH SWEET RICOTTA FILLING AND LAMB RAGU
- Pennette with saffron and prawns
- Rice fish and vegetables all in one
- Watermelon drink
- Chawanmushi - Savoury Custard
- Sophie's 3 Minute Bread
- Courgette & Chorizo Soup
- Chilli prawn linguine
- Easy "Roast" Chicken & Veg
- Healthy & Delicious Sea Bass Noodle Soup
- Vanilla & Strawberry cheesecake (unbaked)
- Thermomix Lemon Cod with anchovies
- Quiche (Gluten Free, Lactose Free, Low FODMAP)