- 1 centimetre knob of ginger
- zest of 1 lemon
- 1 garlic clove
- 3 tablespoon honey, or less agave nectar
- 500 grams water
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 1 lemon, peeled, for juice
8Recipe is created for
Add ginger, lemon zest and garlic into the Thermomix bowl . Chop 5 sec / speed 7.
Scrape down using spatula, add water and cook for 10 mins / Varoma / speed 2.
While heating, sit the Jar of sweetener in the Varoma Dish on top of Thermomix lid to soften the honey or agave to a pourable consistency
Add Cayenne Pepper to hot liquid, then cool to just below 50 C before adding Honey/Agave and stirring it in 1 min/speed 3
Squeeze juice of the lemon into the Thermomix Bowl, over the upturned MC, to catch pips
Immediately strain through the rice basket into a glass and drink while warm to soothe a sore throat or cough (Pour remainder into a thermos to sip slowly)
If you can taste the garlic, you're not sick enough!
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Key Lime Pie
- Devilled Eggs
- Buffalo Wings
- Nectarine and Peach Smoothie
- Panna Cottas with Peaches and Thyme Syrup
- Peach and Raspberry Crumble
- Couscous Vegetable Salad
- Salmon Omelette
- Nectarine, Banana and Green Tea Lollies
- Lamb and Paprika Rice
- Lamb Stuffed with Dried Fruit and Nuts
- RAVIOLI WITH SWEET RICOTTA FILLING AND LAMB RAGU
- Low fat Pasta with fresh Tarragon and chicken thighs in tomato sauce
- Lemon Meringue Pie - Gluten Free & Lactose Free & Soya Free & Nut Free
- Variation Chicken Enchiladas
- Honey Pork Ribs
- JEAN's OWN VEGETABLE SOUP
- Cranberry Curd
- Healthy breakfast
- Chocolate pear cake
- Broccoli and Quinoa Risotto with pan seared Chicken
- "I forgot to buy bread" Quick lunchbox Spelt Rolls
- Naan like the takeaway curry naan
- Lemon Curd Low-carb