- 80 g raw sugar, or more or less to taste
- 2 sprigs fresh mint leaves, (good handful, washed and dried)
- 500 g fresh strawberries, (tops removed)
- 1 lemon or lime, skin, pith and seeds removed
- 700 g Ice Cubes
- 150-200 g good quality white rum, (e.g. Bicardi)
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Add sugar and mint to mixing bowl and mill 10 sec/speed 10
Scrape down sides.
Add strawberries and lemon or lime and chop 10 sec/speed 5
Add ice and white rum and crush 40 sec/speed 9. Check consistency and blend for a further 20-30 sec/ speed 9 if required.
Pour into cocktail glasses and add halved strawberries and fresh mint leaves to give the beautiful red and green festive colours.
Enjoy and have a very Merry Christmas!!
If you want to serve to non-drinkers or children then at Step 3 only add ice and blend to preferred consistency.
Pour out half of the granita and then add 75-100g rum to remaining mixture and blend for 30 seconds.
If you'll be making more than one batch, mill triple the amount of sugar and mint and set it aside. That way you won't have to wash and dry the bowl in between batches.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Key Lime Pie
- Devilled Eggs
- Buffalo Wings
- Nectarine and Peach Smoothie
- Panna Cottas with Peaches and Thyme Syrup
- Peach and Raspberry Crumble
- Couscous Vegetable Salad
- Salmon Omelette
- Nectarine, Banana and Green Tea Lollies
- Lamb and Paprika Rice
- Lamb Stuffed with Dried Fruit and Nuts
- RAVIOLI WITH SWEET RICOTTA FILLING AND LAMB RAGU