- 20 grams powdered gelatin, or 8 gold strength gelatin leaves
- 800 grams thickened cream
- 300 grams milk
- 190 grams white sugar
- 1 vanilla bean (quite dry is best), or 2 teaspoons vanilla paste
- 90 grams butter
- 75 grams sugar
- 70 grams plain flour
- 70 grams milk powder
- 20 grams cornflour
- 3/4 teaspoon Sea salt, fine
- 1 portion blueberries, frozen are fine
- 1 portion fresh strawberries, chopped
- caster sugar, to taste
If you’re using leaf gelatin, soak the gelatin as per the packet’s instructions. If you’re using powdered gelatin, stir it through 300g of milk and set aside.
Place sugar and vanilla bean into the bowl and blitz for 10 seconds on speed 9. If you are using vanilla paste, add later when you add the gelatin.
Add cream and cook for 10 minutes/100c/speed 2. You want the cream to be almost simmering.
Add vanilla bean paste (if using), milk, and gelatin. Mix for 3 minutes/70c/speed 4.
Transfer mixture into a pouring jug and rest for 10 minutes.
Pour into 10 x 125ml dariole moulds or small glasses.
This is best made the day before so the panna cotta can set.
Add butter to bowl and cook 3 minutes/60c/speed 1.
Add remaining ingredients and mix for 10 seconds/speed 4. You may have to push the mix back into the blades. You’re after a crumb texture.
Place crumbs onto a baking sheet and bake for 30 minutes at 150c. Stir the mix every 10 minutes so that the crumbs turn a light golden colour. Cool and store in an airtight container in the fridge.
Sprinkle sugar over berries and let sit in the fridge for a few hours. The sugar releases the berries’ juices. You could also add vanilla or basil to this mix.
Vanilla Panna Cotta
Accessories you need
The beauty of this dish is that it serves a lot of people with minimum fuss. Make this dessert the night before and then serve either in the glass or unmould on plates.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Key Lime Pie
- Devilled Eggs
- Buffalo Wings
- Nectarine and Peach Smoothie
- Panna Cottas with Peaches and Thyme Syrup
- Peach and Raspberry Crumble
- Couscous Vegetable Salad
- Salmon Omelette
- Nectarine, Banana and Green Tea Lollies
- Lamb and Paprika Rice
- Lamb Stuffed with Dried Fruit and Nuts
- RAVIOLI WITH SWEET RICOTTA FILLING AND LAMB RAGU
- Vanilla & Strawberry cheesecake (unbaked)
- Summer Pudding
- Nigella' no churn lemon ice cream
- Olive and feta pinwheels
- Easy fruit loaf
- Chocolate Mousse
- Chicken Cacciatore
- Traditional Fruit Scones with Buttermilk
- Pizza Margherita Grazia's way
- Dairy free chocolate mousse
- Thai Chilli Chicken and Basil