- 3 vanilla beans, ends removed and cut into 2.5cm pieces
- 800 g water
- 1 cup Raw Almonds
- 1000 g filtered water
- 270 g raw almonds
- 50 g raw cacao powder
- 1 tbsp cacao nibs
- 100 g Medjool dates, plus extra if required
- 3 cups raw cashew nuts, soaked overnight and drained
- 85 g brewed expresso coffee
- 175 g almond milk (pre-made)
- 1 tbsp vanilla water (pre-made)
- 185 g agave syrup
- 340 g coconut oil
- 3 tbsp cacao powder
- cacao nibs, for decorating (optional)
Place vanilla bean pieces and water into mixing bowl and blend 1 min/speed 9. Transfer into a sealable storage jar and place into the refrigerator until needed. Clean and dry mixing bowl.
Place almonds and filtered water into mixing bowl and blend 1 min/speed 8.
Place a nut milk bag or a couple pieces of muslin cloth over a jug, then pour mixture into it and allow to strain. Place almond milk into refrigerator to store until use.
Transfer almond pulp into a storage container and place in the refrigerator to use in other recipes. Clean and dry mixing bowl.
Place almonds and cacao powder into mixing bowl and chop Turbo/1 sec/2 times.
Add dates and blend 1 min/speed 9. If the mixture feels dry and crumbly, add more dates or a drop of water and blend for a further 10 sec/speed 9, or until a smooth consistency is achieved (adding more dates or water as required).
Add cacao nibs and mix 3 sec/speed 3.
Transfer mixture into an ungreased springform cake tin (25-30 cm) and press down to form an even base, then set aside.
Place cashews, brewed espresso, reserved Almond milk, reserved Vanilla water and agave syrup into mixing bowl and blend 2 min/speed 8, or until a smooth consistency is achieved.
Add coconut oil and mix 1 min/speed 8.
Take a ¾ cup of the filling and stir in the cacao powder. Set aside.
Transfer remaining filling in mixing bowl over the base in springform cake tin, then forcefully dollop the reserved cacao-filling mixture into the cake tin. Using a bamboo skewer, gently swirl figure 8 patterns through the filling to create a marbled effect.
Sprinkle over cacao nibs (optional) then place into the freezer for 2 hours before placing into the refrigerator overnight. Take care not to leave cake in the freezer for too long.
Using a sharp knife, run around the edge of the cheesecake, then release the springform tin and remove cake completely. Cut into slices and serve.
Tirawmisu cheesecake: Choc-almond crust
Tirawmisu cheesecake: Filling
- Use leftover vanilla water as an alternative to vanilla extract in other recipes. Vanilla water will keep for up to 4 weeks in the refrigerator.
- Almond milk will keep for 3-4 days in the refrigerator. You will need to shake well before using, as it will separate upon sitting.
- The Tirawmisu cheesecake will keep for 5-6 days in a sealable storage container in the refrigerator.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Key Lime Pie
- Devilled Eggs
- Buffalo Wings
- Nectarine and Peach Smoothie
- Panna Cottas with Peaches and Thyme Syrup
- Peach and Raspberry Crumble
- Couscous Vegetable Salad
- Salmon Omelette
- Nectarine, Banana and Green Tea Lollies
- Lamb and Paprika Rice
- Lamb Stuffed with Dried Fruit and Nuts
- RAVIOLI WITH SWEET RICOTTA FILLING AND LAMB RAGU
- "I forgot to buy bread" Quick lunchbox Spelt Rolls
- Naan like the takeaway curry naan
- Asian Pesto
- Pennette with saffron and prawns
- Rice fish and vegetables all in one
- Watermelon drink
- Chawanmushi - Savoury Custard
- Sophie's 3 Minute Bread
- Courgette & Chorizo Soup
- Chilli prawn linguine
- Easy "Roast" Chicken & Veg
- Healthy & Delicious Sea Bass Noodle Soup