- 150 g sugar
- 350 g water
- 25 g fresh ginger, grated
- 20 g lemon juice
- 1 lemon, thin peel only
- 100 g Pimm's
- 50 g gin
- 7 1/2 geltaine leaves, or sufficient to set 600 g liquid
- 200 g fresh strawberries, hulled and thinly sliced
- 1 bunch fresh mint, leaves only, sliced in fine strips
- 40 g granulated sugar
- 225 g cucumber, seeds removed, cut in pieces (5 cm)
- 225 g Ice Cubes
- 10 g lemon juice
4h 35minPreparation 4h 35minBaking/Cooking
8Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
- Place sugar and water in mixing bowl thenbring to the boil 6 min/100°C/speed 1.
- Add ginger, lemon juice and lemon peel. Transfer to a bowl and leave to infuseand cool,then place in fridge until completely chilled. Once sugar mixture is chilled, add 100 g Pimm's and 50 g gin.
- Place 100 g of Pimm's mixture into mixing bowl. Heat 5 min/50°C/speed 1. Meanwhile, place gelatine leaves ina bowl of cold water to soak.
- Squeeze water out of gelatine leaves and add to mixing bowl. Stir 1 min/speed 1 to dissolve.
- Pour heated Pimm's mixture from mixing bowl back into bowl containing chilled Pimm's mixture then strain through a sieve and pour into serving glasses up to halfway. Retain the liquid left over and set aside. Place serving glasses in the fridge to set.
- Once jelly has set, place 5 slices of strawberry and some strips of mint in each glass. Fill to the top with remaining jelly liquid and leave to set in the fridge.
- Place sugar in clean mixing bowl and grind 30 sec/speed 10.
- Add cucumber, ice and lemon juice then crush 30 sec/speed 10.
- Transfer to a freezer-proofcontainer and place in freezer. Churn sorbet with spatula every 30 minutes to prevent ice crystals forming. Serve a scoop of sorbet with each jelly, and garnish with remaining strawberry slices and mint leaves.
You can use basil instead of mint for a slightly different flavour.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Key Lime Pie
- Devilled Eggs
- Buffalo Wings
- Nectarine and Peach Smoothie
- Panna Cottas with Peaches and Thyme Syrup
- Peach and Raspberry Crumble
- Couscous Vegetable Salad
- Salmon Omelette
- Nectarine, Banana and Green Tea Lollies
- Lamb and Paprika Rice
- Lamb Stuffed with Dried Fruit and Nuts
- RAVIOLI WITH SWEET RICOTTA FILLING AND LAMB RAGU
- Chilli prawn linguine
- Easy "Roast" Chicken & Veg
- Red rice with feta, beetroot and smoked mackerel
- Healthy & Delicious Sea Bass Noodle Soup
- Vanilla & Strawberry cheesecake (unbaked)
- Summer Pudding
- Nigella' no churn lemon ice cream
- Easy fruit loaf
- Thermomix Lemon Cod with anchovies
- Chocolate Mousse
- Quiche (Gluten Free, Lactose Free, Low FODMAP)
- Chicken Cacciatore