- 2 sheets ready rolled puff pastry
- 200 grams raw sugar
- 100 grams cornflour
- 75 grams custard powder
- 1000 grams full cream milk
- 60 grams Butter
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 teaspoons Vanilla Bean Paste, (or vanilla extract)
- 250 grams icing sugar
- 2 teaspoons softened butter
- 2 tablespoons passionfruit pulp, (strained if you prefer)
- 3 tablespoons boiling water, (approx)
5h 10minPreparation 5h 0minBaking/Cooking 10min
easyPreparation Appropriate for Thermomix-Beginners
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Preheat oven to 220deg.
Place puff pastry on lined baking trays and bake for approx 10 mins until well browned. Remove from oven and gently press down with a spatula to flatten. Allow to cool.
Line a 23-25cm square baking tray or oven dish with baking paper.
Place sugar into bowl and mill speed 9 for 5 seconds.
Add remaining ingredients except for egg yolks and cook for 10 mins, 80 deg, speed 3.
Add egg yolks and increase temp to 100 deg and cook for a further 5-7 mins speed 4.
Trim pastry sheet to fit bottom of tray. Place in tray browned side up.
Pour custard over the pastry and top with other slice of trimmed pastry browned side down.
Refrigerate until completely cooled, approx 5 hours.
Place icing sugar, butter and passionfruit pulp into bowl and mix speed 4 until butter and pulp is incorporated. While still mixing on speed 4 add in boiling water through hole in lid 1 tablespoon at a time until you have a nice smooth consistency.
Spread icing over top pastry sheet. Refrigerate until firm, cut, serve and devour!
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Key Lime Pie
- Devilled Eggs
- Buffalo Wings
- Nectarine and Peach Smoothie
- Panna Cottas with Peaches and Thyme Syrup
- Peach and Raspberry Crumble
- Couscous Vegetable Salad
- Salmon Omelette
- Nectarine, Banana and Green Tea Lollies
- Lamb and Paprika Rice
- Lamb Stuffed with Dried Fruit and Nuts
- RAVIOLI WITH SWEET RICOTTA FILLING AND LAMB RAGU
- Vanilla & Strawberry cheesecake (unbaked)
- Traditional Fruit Scones with Buttermilk
- Rainbow cake
- Cauliflower Soup
- Condensed milk biscuits
- Chocolate Dripping Cake
- Teriyaki Marinade
- The Easiest Carrot Cake Ever
- Salted Caramel Sticky Date Cake
- Pumpernickel style bread with nuts From German Basic Cookbook)