- 1 egg white
- 400 g honey
- 200 g nuts of your choice, Pistachio, almond, macadamia etc all work well
- 50 g white cooking chocolate, optional to make it more chewy
- 2 to 4 piece confectionary rice paper
Step 1 - 1 egg white – 2 sec, speed 2,
Step 2 - Add 400 grams honey, then put butterfly in, 60 mins, 100 degrees, Speed 2, leave MC off!
Step 3 -Take butterfly out, add in 200 grams of nut mixture*, stir in with spatula
Step 4 – On a flat tray, place a piece of baking paper, then a sheet of rice paper* down, spoon mixture liberally over rice paper.
Step 5 – Place another piece of rice paper on top, followed by a piece of baking paper and roll out to desired thickness.
Step 6 – Let set in fridge for approximately half an hour then slice up, trimming all edges first, then into 2-3cm strips.
*Nut mixture – Can be anything you want really – pistachios, almonds, ginger, hazelnuts, glazed cherries and more, or even a mixture of many of these. Make sure you slightly toast your nut selection first before adding to mixture.
* To make the nougat more soft and chewy in my nut mixture I add 50grams of white cooking chocolate.
*Rice paper, make sure you get the ‘sweet’ one, not the one used for spring rolls, it is a rough paper feel to it, and can be found in some fruit markets (Minchinbury Fruit market is where I get mine) or Asian grocer.
Great to make for Christmas gifts and everyone loves Nougat!
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Lemon Meringue Pie - Gluten Free & Lactose Free & Soya Free & Nut Free
- Guilt free raw chocolate treats
- Umeshu Sorbet
- Papaya and Coconut milk Panacotta
- Lemon Flan
- Vanilla & Strawberry cheesecake (unbaked)
- Summer Pudding
- Nigella' no churn lemon ice cream
- Chocolate Mousse
- Dairy free chocolate mousse
- Very easy Lemon pudding
- Dulce de leche Flan
- Key Lime Pie
- Devilled Eggs
- Buffalo Wings
- Nectarine and Peach Smoothie
- Panna Cottas with Peaches and Thyme Syrup
- Peach and Raspberry Crumble
- Couscous Vegetable Salad
- Salmon Omelette
- Nectarine, Banana and Green Tea Lollies
- Lamb and Paprika Rice
- Lamb Stuffed with Dried Fruit and Nuts
- RAVIOLI WITH SWEET RICOTTA FILLING AND LAMB RAGU