- 4 cups rice bubbles/puffed rice
- 1/2 cup desiccated coconut, if desired
- 5 medjool dates (or dried), approx 60g
- 130 g coconut oil
- 100-120 g honey, depending on taste
- 2 heaped tablespoons cacao powder
Line baking dish or tray with greaseproof paper.
Measure 4 cups of rice bubbles/puffed rice and 1/2 cup of dessicated coconut into a mixing bowl.
Place dates in TM and chop on speed 6 for 5 seconds. Add coconut oil, honey and cacao powder and cook for 5 mins, 100 degrees, speed 2.
Once finished cooking the mixture should be at a thick pouring consistency. Pour the mixture into the rice bubble/puffed rice mix and mix together until all the rice bubbles are well coated.
Place the mixture into the baking dish/tray and press down until mixture is even and compact. Refridgerate for at least half an hour until set then cut into slices. I get about 30+ slices each time.
The bars must be refridgerated at all times or it will start to melt and come apart.
Healthy Chocolate Rice Bubble Bars
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Key Lime Pie
- Devilled Eggs
- Buffalo Wings
- Nectarine and Peach Smoothie
- Panna Cottas with Peaches and Thyme Syrup
- Peach and Raspberry Crumble
- Couscous Vegetable Salad
- Salmon Omelette
- Nectarine, Banana and Green Tea Lollies
- Lamb and Paprika Rice
- Lamb Stuffed with Dried Fruit and Nuts
- RAVIOLI WITH SWEET RICOTTA FILLING AND LAMB RAGU