- 350 grams apples, cored and quartered, eg Granny smith (3 large or 4 smaller)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 100g grams water, Approx
- 30 grams almonds
- 80 gram Walnuts (or pecans)
- 20 gram Desiccated Coconut, Try to source without preservatives
- 40 gram oats, (or gluten free oats for gluten free)
- 50 gram Raw Honey
8Recipe is created for
Preheat oven to 160C
Place apples in Thermomix, sprinkle with cinnamon and add water. Cook for 10 minutes, 90C Reverse + Speed 2. Add another 2 minutes if they need to soften more.
Once the apples are cooked you have 2 options. You can drain some excess liquid, or leave it in. Then chop apples to desired consistency - don't process at all for chunkier texture, or blend for 10 seconds or Speed 5 to puree more. But it depends on how cooked they are, thickness of slices etc, and if you like more pureed then bump up the speed and add some extra time - watch through lid until you are happy. Add to oven proof dish (this just makes about 6 servings)
Chop almonds for 2 short seconds Speed 5
Add walnuts. Chop another 2 seconds Speed 5. Check consistency and chop a second or 2 longer if a finer crumble is desired.
Add coconut, oats and drizzle honey evenly around the top of ingredients. Combine for about 20 Seconds, Reverse + Speed 3.
Add crumble to top of apples
Cook in oven for about 15 - 20 minutes until gently browning.
Serve with Vanilla Custard from Everyday Cookbook or homemade Icecream! Yummy!
It is healthy as a breakfast or snack as well (I even eat it with some milk for breakfast, but that may be weird for some!!)
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Key Lime Pie
- Devilled Eggs
- Buffalo Wings
- Nectarine and Peach Smoothie
- Panna Cottas with Peaches and Thyme Syrup
- Peach and Raspberry Crumble
- Couscous Vegetable Salad
- Salmon Omelette
- Nectarine, Banana and Green Tea Lollies
- Lamb and Paprika Rice
- Lamb Stuffed with Dried Fruit and Nuts
- RAVIOLI WITH SWEET RICOTTA FILLING AND LAMB RAGU
- JEAN's OWN VEGETABLE SOUP
- Cranberry Curd
- Healthy breakfast
- "I forgot to buy bread" Quick lunchbox Spelt Rolls
- Naan like the takeaway curry naan
- Asian Pesto
- Pennette with saffron and prawns
- Rice fish and vegetables all in one
- Watermelon drink
- Chawanmushi - Savoury Custard
- Sophie's 3 Minute Bread
- Courgette & Chorizo Soup