THERMOMIX ® RECIPE
- 50 grams butter, melted
- cocoa powder, for dusting moulds
- 200 grams dark chocolate (70%), chopped into small pieces
- 200 grams butter
- 200 grams raw sugar
- 4 eggs
- 4 egg yolks
- 200 grams plain flour
- Creamy Traditional Ice-cream, from EDC
Preheat your oven to 200 degrees.
Prepare your 8 – 10 molds / ramekins by coating with melted butter and dusting well with cocoa powder.
Grate the dark chocolate for 5 – 10 seconds on speed 8. Add butter and melt for 2 minutes at 60 degrees on speed 3 or until fully melted and incorporated. Set this chocolate mixture aside and clean the bowl.
Mill raw sugar to caster sugar for 3 seconds on speed 9. Insert butterfly and add eggs and egg yolks. Mix for 40 – 60 seconds on speed 4 or until mixture is pale and thick. Sift the flour into the eggs and mix to incorporate for 10 seconds on speed 4.
With the butterfly still inserted and on speed 4, pour the melted chocolate into the egg until all the chocolate is added and the mixture is completely combined.
Divide the fondant mix between your ramekins / moulds. Chill for 20 mins before cooking.
Place the fondants on a baking tray, and cook for 10-12 mins until the tops have formed a crust and they are starting to come away from the sides of their moulds. Remove from the oven, and rest for 1 min before turning out.
Accessories you need
Cooking time will vary depending on the size of the fondants and individual ovens. I use the crust as a guide but always do a test fondant, to check that they are well enough cooked but still gooey on the inside!
The fondants can be frozen for up to a month and cooked from frozen. Chill for at least 20 mins or up to the night before. To bake from frozen, simply carry on as stated, adding 5 mins more to the cooking time.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Key Lime Pie
- Devilled Eggs
- Buffalo Wings
- Nectarine and Peach Smoothie
- Panna Cottas with Peaches and Thyme Syrup
- Peach and Raspberry Crumble
- Couscous Vegetable Salad
- Salmon Omelette
- Nectarine, Banana and Green Tea Lollies
- Lamb and Paprika Rice
- Lamb Stuffed with Dried Fruit and Nuts
- RAVIOLI WITH SWEET RICOTTA FILLING AND LAMB RAGU
- Cranberry Curd
- Chocolate pear cake
- Black Olive Biscuits with cheese filling
- Rhubarb and Ginger Victoria Sandwich
- Naan like the takeaway curry naan
- Lemon Curd Low-carb
- Cheese and Chive Scones
- Chocolate Digestives (adapted from Paul Hollywood's Recipe)
- Lemon Flan
- Peanut Butter Cookies
- Vanilla & Strawberry cheesecake (unbaked)
- Traditional Fruit Scones with Buttermilk