- 210 g Dates, seeded
- 260 g boiling water
- 1 tsp bi-carb soda
- 100 g Brown sugar
- 60 g butter
- 2 eggs
- 140 g SR Flour, or Plain with 1 tsp of baking powder
- 140 g Brown sugar
- 100 g butter
- 250 g cream
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
8Recipe is created for
Preheat oven to 180C. Grease 20cm square tin or a muffin tray.
Combine dates, boiling water and soda in . Let stand for 5 minutes
Add sugar and butter to mixture and process on speed 6 - 7 for 10 seconds until dates are chopped.
Scrape down and add flour first, then eggs and and process on speed 4 - 5 for 5 seconds at a time until combined.
Pour into prepared tin or large muffin cups. (Makes 9 large muffins)
Bake for 15 - 17 minutes in a moderate oven for muffins and 20 - 25 for larger tin. Stand for 5 minutes before turning out.
Place all into TM bowl and cook on 80C, speed 1 for 2 minutes unti butter has melted.
Cook for another 5 - 8 minutes on Varoma, speed 2. Sauce will thicken on standing.
Sticky Date Pudding
Use thickened cream or add more butter if you would like the sauce to be a little thicker.
Alternatively, cook it longer.
Try this with Rapadura sugar for a lovely butterscotch flavour.For a more dense, but higher fibre pudding, use wholemeal self raising flour.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Key Lime Pie
- Devilled Eggs
- Buffalo Wings
- Nectarine and Peach Smoothie
- Panna Cottas with Peaches and Thyme Syrup
- Peach and Raspberry Crumble
- Couscous Vegetable Salad
- Salmon Omelette
- Nectarine, Banana and Green Tea Lollies
- Lamb and Paprika Rice
- Lamb Stuffed with Dried Fruit and Nuts
- RAVIOLI WITH SWEET RICOTTA FILLING AND LAMB RAGU
- Victoria Sponge
- Choc Chip Oat and Quinoa Cookies
- Cranberry Curd
- Chocolate pear cake
- Black Olive Biscuits with cheese filling
- Rhubarb and Ginger Victoria Sandwich
- Naan like the takeaway curry naan
- Lemon Curd Low-carb
- Cheese and Chive Scones
- Chocolate Digestives (adapted from Paul Hollywood's Recipe)
- Lemon Flan
- Courgette & Chorizo Soup