- 1 litre milk
- 200 g sugar
- 100 g double cream
- 1/2 level tsp bicarb of soda
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla Paste
Recipe is created for
- Place ingredients in TM bowl, measuring cup off. Be sparing with the bicarb of soda. Too much spoils the mixture, too little and the end result is very pale and lacks flavour.
- Place internal steaming basket ON TOP OF LID with an open weave cloth over it to absorb the evaporation from the mixture.
- Cook 45 min/Varoma/speed 4.5. Please be VERY careful - keep an eye on the mixture as only a slight increase in amount of bicarb can cause the mixture to bubble right up out of the bowl. You may have to increase the speed if this happens to 5 but it will make the end result more jelly like.
- Pour straight in to sterilised jar and leave to cool.
- Spread on bread, buttered toast, buttered crumpets. Use on its own or with whipped double cream to fill a swiss roll for 'Pionono' .Use in the Thermomix Dulce de Leche Cake recipe OR eat straight from the jar!
Accessories you need
This recipe is a work in progress. Quantities and instructions origianlly provided by Thermomix for the TM31 included an extra 20 g sugar and cooking at speed 5. The first few times I made this the colour and consistency were perfect. Now, for no apparent reason it turns to a jelly. Still edible but NOT the desired result. So I've been experimenting. The best result I've had so far although colour still too pale was cooked at speed 4.5 sugar reduced to 200g but if you are going to try this BEWARE at 4.5 even the tiniest bit too much bicarb in the mixture and the whole lot bubbles up depositing a litre of sticky milk all over your kitchen worktops, cupboards and floor! If any of you have a fool proof recipe PLEASE post it on the web site and let me know!
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Easy Crepes
- Baked Marble Cheesecake with Brownie Base
- Russian Honey cake
- Lemon Meringue Pie - Gluten Free & Lactose Free & Soya Free & Nut Free
- Guilt free raw chocolate treats
- Umeshu Sorbet
- Papaya and Coconut milk Panacotta
- Lemon Flan
- Vanilla & Strawberry cheesecake (unbaked)
- Summer Pudding
- Nigella' no churn lemon ice cream
- Chocolate Mousse