- 3 egg whites, (medium eggs)
- 30 g caster sugar
- 100 g dark chocolate chips, Callebaut or similar
- 30 g mild olive oil
- 2 egg yolks, (medium eggs)
- 1 tbsp Espresso Coffee
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
- Before you start, make sure your bowl and butterfly whisk are SUPER clean. Cover the blades with water and add a splash of white vinegar. Place MC and heat 2 min / 60C / speed 3. Discard water.
Place egg whites in bowl and whisk 3 minutes / speed 2 for the first 2 minutes and increase to 3 in the last minute. The moment you see the meringue forming (probably closer to the end of the 2 minutes) add the sugar so you get a glossy meringue at the end. Set aside in a bowl big enough for the rest of ingredients.
TIP: If the egg whites are fridge cold, set temperature at 37C to help the whisking.
- Remove butterfly whisk and without cleaning the bowl, melt chocolate and olive oil 2 minutes / 50C / speed 0.5. Set on a different bowl.
- Return butterfly whisk to the bowl and without cleaning it, whisk egg yolks 2 minutes / 37C / speed 2.5.
- Add chocolate and coffee and mix 10 seconds / speed 2
- Loosen the mixture with a 1/3 of the egg white and mix 5 seconds / speed 2
- Remove butterfly whisk and add the chocolate mixture to the egg whites and very carefully incorporate both with the aide of the spatula.
- To make it easier and cleaner, put mousse into a piping or freezer bag, cut the tip and pipe into glasses or ramekins
- Decorate with chocolate shavings (or cocoa powder just before serving). Rest in fridge until ready to serve.
This recipe is just for 4 portions but you can very easily double it
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Lemon Meringue Pie - Gluten Free & Lactose Free & Soya Free & Nut Free
- Guilt free raw chocolate treats
- Umeshu Sorbet
- Papaya and Coconut milk Panacotta
- Lemon Flan
- Vanilla & Strawberry cheesecake (unbaked)
- Summer Pudding
- Nigella' no churn lemon ice cream
- Chocolate Mousse
- Very easy Lemon pudding
- Dulce de leche Flan
- Marmalade Ice-Cream