- 60 g unsalted butter, diced
- 30 g lard, diced
- 80 g orange juice
- 500 g bread flour, plus extra for dusting
- 50 g brandy
- 1 egg, large
- vegetable oil, for frying
- 350 g caster sugar
- 100 g water
- 2 oranges, thin peelings of skin only
- 1 stick cinnamon
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
- Place butter and lard in mixing bowl then heat 2 min/37°C/speed 1.
- Add orange juice, flour, brandy and egg then mix 20 sec/speed 6. Knead 3min/. Tip out, wrap in cling film and leave to rest in fridge for 30 minutes.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out half of the dough very thinly to around 50cm long. Using a pastry wheel or long sharp knife, cut dough into strips approx. 4cm wide and 50 cm long as in photo (2).
- In a frying pan, heat oil (enough for 1 cm deep) and fry strips of dough, one by one, forming rolls as in photos (3 to 6) -see tip. Remove and place on paper towels to drain excess oil.
- Place all syrup ingredients in mixing bowl and heat 10 min/100°C/speed 1. Serve wafers with syrup.
Accessories you need
How to cook coscorões: slot one end of a pastry strip through the tongs of a fork. Lower into the hot oil and turn slowly enough so that the pastry cooks and puffs up as you roll it.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Easy Crepes
- Baked Marble Cheesecake with Brownie Base
- Russian Honey cake
- Lemon Meringue Pie - Gluten Free & Lactose Free & Soya Free & Nut Free
- Guilt free raw chocolate treats
- Umeshu Sorbet
- Papaya and Coconut milk Panacotta
- Lemon Flan
- Vanilla & Strawberry cheesecake (unbaked)
- Summer Pudding
- Nigella' no churn lemon ice cream
- Chocolate Mousse
- Key Lime Pie
- Devilled Eggs
- Buffalo Wings
- Nectarine and Peach Smoothie
- Panna Cottas with Peaches and Thyme Syrup
- Peach and Raspberry Crumble
- Couscous Vegetable Salad
- Salmon Omelette
- Lamb and Paprika Rice
- Lamb Stuffed with Dried Fruit and Nuts
- RAVIOLI WITH SWEET RICOTTA FILLING AND LAMB RAGU
- Omelette Muffins