THERMOMIX ® RECIPE
- 170 g butter, Softened
- 265 g Brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 375 g milk
- 335 g flour plain
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 50 g cocoa
- 250 g butter, softened
- 320 g icing sugar/mixture
- 50 g cocoa
- 60 g milk
Take butter for both the cake mixture and the buttercream out of fridge and place on the bench to soften.
Preheat oven to 160 °c. Line cake tin (22cm approximately) with baking paper and grease lightly.
Place butter and brown sugar into the thermomix bowl for 30 seconds on speed 5. The texture should be creamy.
Scrape down sides using the spatula.
Add the remaining ingredients to the thermomix bowl (eggs, bicarbonate of soda, milk, plain flour, baking powder, cocoa). Mix for 30 seconds on speed 5 and then 20 - 30 seconds on speed 8.
Add the remaining ingredients (icing sugar/mixture, cocoa and milk) and beat for 30 seconds again on speed 5. The buttercream should be chocolate brown, light and fluffy.
Spread the buttercream over the cake. Make sure the cake is cool or it will melt on application.
Classic Chocolate Cake
You can also cut this cake in half and layer with strawberries and fresh cream. Buttercream can also be frozen if you have any leftover and used for another occassion.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Key Lime Pie
- Devilled Eggs
- Buffalo Wings
- Nectarine and Peach Smoothie
- Panna Cottas with Peaches and Thyme Syrup
- Peach and Raspberry Crumble
- Couscous Vegetable Salad
- Salmon Omelette
- Nectarine, Banana and Green Tea Lollies
- Lamb and Paprika Rice
- Lamb Stuffed with Dried Fruit and Nuts
- RAVIOLI WITH SWEET RICOTTA FILLING AND LAMB RAGU
- Papaya and Coconut milk Panacotta
- Chocolate Digestives (adapted from Paul Hollywood's Recipe)
- Lemon Flan
- Soda Bread with Feta & Rosemary
- Peanut Butter Cookies
- portuguese soft/fresh cheese
- Vanilla & Strawberry cheesecake (unbaked)
- Olive and feta pinwheels
- Chocolate Mousse
- Traditional Fruit Scones with Buttermilk
- Pizza Margherita Grazia's way
- Thai Chilli Chicken and Basil