- 30 g vegetable oil, plus extra for greasing
- 220 g dulche de leche
- 150 g caster sugar
- 110 g plain flour
- 35 g cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1 pinch fine sea salt
- 125 g buttermilk, or plain yoghurt
- 1 egg, medium
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 340 g evaporated milk
- 375 g condensed milk
- 4 eggs, medium
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp fine sea salt
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
- Preheat oven to 190°C. Lightly grease a cake tin (Ø 20 cm, not springform) with oil.
- Spread dulce de leche around bottom and up sides of cake tin.
- Place sugar, flour, sifted cocoa, bicarbonate of soda, baking powder and salt in mixing bowl then mix 10 sec/speed 4.
- Insert butterfly whisk. Add buttermilk, vegetable oil, 1egg and vanilla extract tomixing bowl then whisk 20 sec/speed 3.
- Transfer mixture to cake tin then place tin in a larger roasting pan and set aside.
- Place evaporated milk, condensed milk, 4 eggs, vanilla extract and salt in mixing bowl then blend 30 sec/speed 7. Pour mixture slowly over the back of a large spoon into cake tin.
- Cover cake tin loosely with foil. Pour boiling water into roasting tin until it reaches halfway up the side of the cake tin. Bake for 50 minutes-1hour (190°C) until a skewer inserted in centre comes out clean.
- Remove cake tin from roasting tin and allow to cool to room temperature on a wire rack.
- To serve, run a knife around the edge of the flan, place a plate on top, turn over and shake gently until the flan releases.
Be very careful when opening the oven as the bain-marie (the tin containing water) can produce a lot of steam.
Thiscake will keep for up to 5 days in the fridge.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Key Lime Pie
- Devilled Eggs
- Buffalo Wings
- Nectarine and Peach Smoothie
- Panna Cottas with Peaches and Thyme Syrup
- Peach and Raspberry Crumble
- Couscous Vegetable Salad
- Salmon Omelette
- Nectarine, Banana and Green Tea Lollies
- Lamb and Paprika Rice
- Lamb Stuffed with Dried Fruit and Nuts
- RAVIOLI WITH SWEET RICOTTA FILLING AND LAMB RAGU