- 50 g almonds
- 200 g dried apricots
- 1 tbsp freshly squeezed orange juice
- 2 tbsp water
- 70 g dessicated coconut, plus extra for rolling
- 3 tbsp wheatgerm, as needed to bind
- 1-2 tbsp Maple syrup
Place almonds into mixing bowl and mill 20 sec/speed 9.
Add apricots and chop 10 sec/speed 8. Scrape down sides of bowl.
Add orange juice and water and mix 5 sec/speed 2.Allow to soak for 1 minute.
Add coconut, wheatgerm and maple syrup and mix 25 sec/speed 7 or until well combined. Roll mixture into small balls and then roll in extra coconut.
Apricot and coconut balls
Variation: To increase your toddler’s dietary variety, you might like to replace half of the apricots with dried figs. Like apricots, figs are a good source of iron.
This recipe is from Thermomix Cooking for your Baby and Toddler. A cookbook filled with over 100 quick and easy Thermomix recipes, this book will help your child develop a taste for new flavours while providing the nutrients so crucially needed in the early years.It is available from our online store
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Key Lime Pie
- Devilled Eggs
- Buffalo Wings
- Nectarine and Peach Smoothie
- Panna Cottas with Peaches and Thyme Syrup
- Peach and Raspberry Crumble
- Couscous Vegetable Salad
- Salmon Omelette
- Nectarine, Banana and Green Tea Lollies
- Lamb and Paprika Rice
- Lamb Stuffed with Dried Fruit and Nuts
- RAVIOLI WITH SWEET RICOTTA FILLING AND LAMB RAGU
- "I forgot to buy bread" Quick lunchbox Spelt Rolls
- Naan like the takeaway curry naan
- Asian Pesto
- Pennette with saffron and prawns
- Rice fish and vegetables all in one
- Watermelon drink
- Chawanmushi - Savoury Custard
- Sophie's 3 Minute Bread
- Courgette & Chorizo Soup
- Chilli prawn linguine
- Easy "Roast" Chicken & Veg
- Healthy & Delicious Sea Bass Noodle Soup