- 6 large Granny Smith Apples
- 2 tablespoons Raw or White Sugar
- 125 grams butter
- 240 grams SR flour
- 1 egg
- 30 grams cold water
- 2 teaspoons Raw or White Sugar
Peel and slice apples. Arrange in Varoma and cook for 17 minutes on Varoma Temperature speed 2.
Stir apples occasionally to help with even cooking.
Once cooked set aside and cool slightly.
Weigh Butter, flour & sugar and mix on speed 6 for 6 seconds
Set speed for 30 seconds and add egg and water. Mix until combined. Mixture should be slightly sticky but not wet. If mixture is too wet add a little more flour.
Half mixture and press half into a lined slice tin. Press out with your tips of fingers or a spoon. If mixture is sticky, flour your finger tips to help with pressing into tin. Spread steamed apples over the pastry base.
With the remaining mixture, press out on to a piece of glad bake the size of the tin. Once you have the desired shape turn upside down and place on top of apples and peel off the glad bake. Prick with a fork and sprinkle genoursly with raw sugar.
Bake in 180 C oven for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Serve with runny cream or icecream or slice and put in lunch boxes.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Key Lime Pie
- Devilled Eggs
- Buffalo Wings
- Nectarine and Peach Smoothie
- Panna Cottas with Peaches and Thyme Syrup
- Peach and Raspberry Crumble
- Couscous Vegetable Salad
- Salmon Omelette
- Nectarine, Banana and Green Tea Lollies
- Lamb and Paprika Rice
- Lamb Stuffed with Dried Fruit and Nuts
- RAVIOLI WITH SWEET RICOTTA FILLING AND LAMB RAGU
- Black Olive Biscuits with cheese filling
- Rhubarb and Ginger Victoria Sandwich
- Naan like the takeaway curry naan
- Lemon Curd Low-carb
- Cheese and Chive Scones
- Chawanmushi - Savoury Custard
- Chocolate Digestives (adapted from Paul Hollywood's Recipe)
- Lemon Flan
- Peanut Butter Cookies
- Vanilla & Strawberry cheesecake (unbaked)
- Summer Pudding
- Cheese and bacon pastries