- 350 g water
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tsp dried yeast
- 250 g wholemeal flour
- 25 g gluten, (¼ cup), (optional)
- 1 tsp salt
- 35 g oil
- 250 g wholemeal flour
- 100 g Strong White Bakers Flour, or plain white flour
- 2 tsp bread improver, (optional)
Place water into TM bowl. Add sugar, yeast and 250g flour. Mix 2 minutes, speed 1-2 at 37°.
Let rest for 20-30 mins. The sponge should double in size. If it doesn't, your yeast most probably needs replacing. (You can reduce the resting time if you are in a hurry. Even 5 mins would be good.) This step provides the ideal condition for the yeast to grow.
Sprinkle the salt and oil onto the sponge and mix speed 2, about 10 secs. Add the gluten, bread improver and the rest of the flour and mix at speed 5-6 until all flour is incorporated. Knead 4-5 minutes, , .
Remove from TM bowl and knead briefly by hand until smooth. Form into a ball. Place dough into a warm bowl, cover with cling wrap and let rise in a warm place for one hour.
Punch down dough, knead briefly to ensure all air bubbles are eliminated. Press out into a rectangle roughly the length of your bread tin, and roll up tightly. Place seam side down in a well oiled 900g bread tin. Alternately, place shaped dough into a well-floured banneton, (a cane basket used to shape the dough while it is rising, but never used to bake in) or onto a greased oven tray. Very loosely cover with the cling wrap and leave in a warm place to rise for 30 - 60 minutes, until doubled in size. If using a banneton, when dough has risen, turn out gently onto a greased oven tray.
Meanwhile, preheat oven to 250°c for 20 minutes. If desired, sprinkle top of loaf with flour. Cut a slash in top of risen bread using a very sharp knife or razor blade, and place in oven. Spray inside oven with water (6 sprays) turn temp down to 180°, bake for 35 mins, or until bread sounds hollow when tapped with a wooden spoon.
Remove bread from tin and cool on a rack.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Key Lime Pie
- Devilled Eggs
- Buffalo Wings
- Nectarine and Peach Smoothie
- Panna Cottas with Peaches and Thyme Syrup
- Peach and Raspberry Crumble
- Couscous Vegetable Salad
- Salmon Omelette
- Nectarine, Banana and Green Tea Lollies
- Lamb and Paprika Rice
- Lamb Stuffed with Dried Fruit and Nuts
- RAVIOLI WITH SWEET RICOTTA FILLING AND LAMB RAGU
- Chilli prawn linguine
- Easy "Roast" Chicken & Veg
- Red rice with feta, beetroot and smoked mackerel
- Healthy & Delicious Sea Bass Noodle Soup
- Vanilla & Strawberry cheesecake (unbaked)
- Cheese and bacon pastries
- Thermomix Lemon Cod with anchovies
- Quiche (Gluten Free, Lactose Free, Low FODMAP)
- Chicken Cacciatore
- Traditional Fruit Scones with Buttermilk
- Beetroot Gazpacho
- Pizza Margherita Grazia's way