- 200 g milk
- 80 g fresh yeast
- 250 g sugar
- 750 g bakers flour, Can use up to 800g
- 5 pieces ground mastiha, optional
- 1 sachet ground mahlepi, or 1 tsp
- 4 eggs, large/extra large
- 150 g Butter, softened
- 1 egg, lightly beaten for egg wash
- 50 g flaked almonds, for decoration (optional)
1h 30minPreparation 1h 0minBaking/Cooking 30min
easyPreparation Appropriate for Thermomix-Beginners
8Recipe is created for
In a small bowl place 100g of milk (lukewarm), yeast, 1 tsp sugar, and 3 tsp flour.
Mix with a fork until yeast has dissolved then place in warm spot for 10 minutes until
you see bubbles forming. (Place in an oven on the lowest setting when weather is
Place sugar in bowl along with mastiha and mahlepi and mill for 1 minute on speed 10.
Add remaining ingredients except the flour and cook for 3 minutes at 37ºC on speed 6.
Add the yeast mixture and flour and mix for 5 seconds on speed 6.
Set dial to closed lid position and knead for 2-3 minutes until dough is formed.
Can add a small amount of extra flour if needed but dough needs to be slightly sticky.
Place in bread mat or bowl with glad wrap and put in warm place until dough has doubled in size.
Form dough into plaits (makes about 10, depending on size wanted) and baste with egg.
Can add flaked almonds on top at this point if you like. Allow to rise for
10 minutes or longer for better rise then place in a cold oven, turn to 180ºC for approx. 30 minutes or until golden brown.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Key Lime Pie
- Devilled Eggs
- Buffalo Wings
- Nectarine and Peach Smoothie
- Panna Cottas with Peaches and Thyme Syrup
- Peach and Raspberry Crumble
- Couscous Vegetable Salad
- Salmon Omelette
- Nectarine, Banana and Green Tea Lollies
- Lamb and Paprika Rice
- Lamb Stuffed with Dried Fruit and Nuts
- RAVIOLI WITH SWEET RICOTTA FILLING AND LAMB RAGU
- Nigella' no churn lemon ice cream
- Olive and feta pinwheels
- Easy fruit loaf
- Chocolate Mousse
- Quiche (Gluten Free, Lactose Free, Low FODMAP)
- Chicken Cacciatore
- Traditional Fruit Scones with Buttermilk
- Pizza Margherita Grazia's way
- Dairy free chocolate mousse
- Thai Chilli Chicken and Basil