- 350 g water
- 1 1/2 teaspoon dry yeast
- 350 g bakers flour
- 150 g milk
- 1/2 teaspoon Bicarb Soda or Bicarb Powder
- 2 teaspoon salt
- Oil or Butter for greasing
Add 350g water into bowl and heat at 37 degrees for 2 1/2 to 3 minutes on speed 1
Sprinkle the 1 1/2 teaspoons of yeast over the water and then add the 350g of bakers flour to the bowl. Mix on speed 3 for 5 seconds and then speed 6 for a further 10 seconds or until there are no lumps.
After dough has had it's first rise, place 150g of milk into Thermomix bowl and heat at 37 degrees for 3-4 minutes on speed 1. I've used both regular and UHT milk and both have worked fine.
On a frypan or flat griddle, oil or butter egg rings, crumpet molds, mini spring form pan surrounds - anything of shape that can take the heat! Have the pan on a low heat. Fill the rings or molds with about 4-5 large spoonfuls of the batter and cook long and slow. They will slowly start to cook from the outside, changing colour slightly and separating from the mold. You can remove the mold at this stage. Continue to cook slowly until there is no wet dough or shine on top of the crumpet - and enjoy the slow process of watching the little bubbles pop. Flipping them will ruin the top bubbles, as does putting them under a grille so patience is essential for cooking these.
In our house, half of these are buttered and eaten straight out of the pan, but they toast beautifully, should be refrigerated after they've been made and can be frozen, separated with cling wrap, freezer paper or in individual bags for up to three months.
I've got multiple photos of the process and well as many tips on my blog at pompinbleu.com. Enjoy.
Accessories you need
More tips at pompinbleu.com.
Other items required:
Egg Rings, Mini Spring Form Pan surrounds
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Key Lime Pie
- Devilled Eggs
- Buffalo Wings
- Nectarine and Peach Smoothie
- Panna Cottas with Peaches and Thyme Syrup
- Peach and Raspberry Crumble
- Couscous Vegetable Salad
- Salmon Omelette
- Nectarine, Banana and Green Tea Lollies
- Lamb and Paprika Rice
- Lamb Stuffed with Dried Fruit and Nuts
- RAVIOLI WITH SWEET RICOTTA FILLING AND LAMB RAGU
- Chilli prawn linguine
- Easy "Roast" Chicken & Veg
- Red rice with feta, beetroot and smoked mackerel
- Healthy & Delicious Sea Bass Noodle Soup
- Vanilla & Strawberry cheesecake (unbaked)
- Olive and feta pinwheels
- Thermomix Lemon Cod with anchovies
- Quiche (Gluten Free, Lactose Free, Low FODMAP)
- Chicken Cacciatore
- Traditional Fruit Scones with Buttermilk
- Beetroot Gazpacho
- Pizza Margherita Grazia's way