- 225 g plain flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¾ teaspoon baking powder, [EDCB basics]
- 40 g lard, or vegetable equivalent
- 150 g warm water
Place flour, salt, baking powder and lard in bowl of TX. Mix speed 5 till grainy about 20 seconds.
Add water and mix on interval until a soft dough forms. About 10 seconds. You may need to scrape the sides once to ensure all flour is incorporated.
Drop from bowl onto Thermomat or floured table. Lightly flour dough and form into a ball., cover with cling film and let rest for 15 minutes.
Divide into 12 equal pieces and shape each into a ball. Keep covered to keep moist.
Heat a heavy based pan or griddle, roll one ball to a thin round about 15 – 16 cm. Place the round on to the hot pan. And cook for 1.5 to 2 minutes, until the surface starts to bubble. It should stay flexible. Do not overcook. Remove from pan, wrap in a towel to keep warm while cooking the rest.
Clear most of the dough from the blades with turbo burst after takng most of the dough out.
The pan is hot when a drop of water spits and turns to steam when dropped on pan.
They can be rewarmed by wrapping in foil and heating in moderate oven 180C about 5 minutes.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- "I forgot to buy bread" Quick lunchbox Spelt Rolls
- Naan like the takeaway curry naan
- Sophie's 3 Minute Bread
- Pumpernickel style bread with nuts From German Basic Cookbook)
- Easy Hot Cross Buns
- Soft Fluffy White Bread
- Rye Bread
- Polish Bread in pot / casserole
- Sourdough Bread
- Pink beetroot bread
- Jumbo Loaf White Bread
- PALEO BANANA BREAD
- Key Lime Pie
- Devilled Eggs
- Buffalo Wings
- Nectarine and Peach Smoothie
- Panna Cottas with Peaches and Thyme Syrup
- Peach and Raspberry Crumble
- Couscous Vegetable Salad
- Salmon Omelette
- Nectarine, Banana and Green Tea Lollies
- Lamb and Paprika Rice
- Lamb Stuffed with Dried Fruit and Nuts
- RAVIOLI WITH SWEET RICOTTA FILLING AND LAMB RAGU
- Roasted Red Pepper Puree
- Paleo Beef Burgers
- Variation The Perfect Lasagne
- Healthier hobnob style cookies
- Variation Chicken Enchiladas
- Muhammara (Red pepper and walnut dip)
- Choc Chip Oat and Quinoa Cookies
- Guilt free raw chocolate treats
- Healthy breakfast
- Chocolate pear cake
- Butternut squash and bacon soup
- Healthy carrot cake pancakes