- zest of lemon, and/or Orange
- 125 g raw sugar, (1/2 Cup)
- 1 tsp ground cardamon
- 10 g butter, or Margarine (2 Tsps)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 330 g milk, (1 1/3 Cups)
- 625 g bakers flour, (2 1/2 Cups)
- 500 g bakers flour, (2 Cups)
- 2 tsp dried yeast
- 1 large egg
- cooking spray
- 1 large egg white, (Lightly Beaten)
- 1 tbsp water
- 1 tbsp raw sugar
2h 0minPreparation 2h 0minBaking/Cooking
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Place Lemon and/or Orange Zest into TM Bowl, add Sugar.
Mill 10sec/Speed 10
Scrap Down Sides.
Add into TM Bowl, Salt, Cardamon, Butter and Milk.
Cook 4mins/45*C/Speed 2 or until Sugar has completely dissolved.
Set TM Blades to Speed 2, gradually add 2 1/2 Cups of Flour, yeast and 1 Egg to the Milk Mixture until blended.
Increase TM Blades to Speed 4. gradually add another 2 Cups of Flour until well combined.
Knead Dough, 3mins//, gradually adding the remaining 1/4 Cup of Flour (1 tbsp at a time)
Turn Dough out onto ThermoMat, give a quick knead by hand to for a tight ball.
Wrap and allow to rest in a warm place for about 1 hour or until doubled in size.
Knock Down Dough, Cover and rest for a further 5mins.
Pre-Heat Oven to 190*C
Divide Dough into 3 equal portions.
Roll each portion into approx 50cm (20 inch) rope shape.
Pinch 1 end of each rope together to seal.
Braid rope on lightly floured surface or ThermoMat.
Until completely Braided, pinch ends to seal, ensuring both ends are firmly sealed.
Transfer onto baking tray lined with baking paper and lightly sprayed with cooking spray.
Cover and let raise for another 30mins or until doubled in size.
In a small bowl combine Egg White and Tbsp of Water to make Glaze.
Brush over uncooked Braid and sprinkle with Raw Sugar.
Bake in Oven for 20-25mins or until golden brown and sounds hollow inside. (time may vary depending on oven)
Allow to Completely Cool on wire rack before serving.
Sugar-Coated Cardamon Braid (Bread)
This bread is traditionally made during the Festive Seasion.
This recipe has been converted from an American Recipe so I'm still in the process on fine tuning it.
This recipe is suitable for both TM5 & TM31.
*Important Note for TM31 Users:- Due to the different temperature settings available between TM5 & TM31, Times and Temperature settings will vary, and need to be ajdusted accordingly.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- "I forgot to buy bread" Quick lunchbox Spelt Rolls
- Naan like the takeaway curry naan
- Sophie's 3 Minute Bread
- Pumpernickel style bread with nuts From German Basic Cookbook)
- Easy Hot Cross Buns
- Soft Fluffy White Bread
- Rye Bread
- Polish Bread in pot / casserole
- Sourdough Bread
- Pink beetroot bread
- Jumbo Loaf White Bread
- PALEO BANANA BREAD
- Key Lime Pie
- Devilled Eggs
- Buffalo Wings
- Nectarine and Peach Smoothie
- Panna Cottas with Peaches and Thyme Syrup
- Peach and Raspberry Crumble
- Couscous Vegetable Salad
- Salmon Omelette
- Nectarine, Banana and Green Tea Lollies
- Lamb and Paprika Rice
- Lamb Stuffed with Dried Fruit and Nuts
- RAVIOLI WITH SWEET RICOTTA FILLING AND LAMB RAGU
- Variation The Perfect Lasagne
- Healthier hobnob style cookies
- Variation Chicken Enchiladas
- Victoria Sponge
- Muhammara (Red pepper and walnut dip)
- Choc Chip Oat and Quinoa Cookies
- JEAN's OWN VEGETABLE SOUP
- Cranberry Curd
- Guilt free raw chocolate treats
- Healthy breakfast
- Chocolate pear cake
- Butternut squash and bacon soup