- 150 g Sourdough starter, See Sourdough Starter recipe
- 360 g water, Room Temperature
- 100 g Wholeground rye flour, (or wholemeal flour)
- 550 g bakers flour
- 15 g baking powder, (or malt; or bread improver)
- 1 teaspoon salt
Add all ingredients except salt to the TM bowl and mix speed 4 for 5 seconds
Rest for 30 minutes in TMX bowl. Dislodge from blades before next step.
Add salt; then knead for 2 minutes, interval speed.
Tip out of bowl and knead into a round ball shape. Place in an oiled bowl or Thermomat to rest for 2 hours.
Knead and shape sourdough into a loaf shape & 2nd prove - minimum 4 hours, or overnight. Cooler temp = longer prove = sourer/more intense flavour
Finger poke test - if it bounces back it's not yet ready.
Preheat oven to 250 degrees Celsius.
Slice and spray with water (forms a better crust). Also place 250g of water on a tray at the bottom of the oven.
Place in a preheated oven & reduce the temperature to 220 degrees Celsius; bake for 30-45 minutes.
Remove from oven and allow to rest for at least 45 minutes - it will still be cooking after it is removed so don't slice it straight away!!
Accessories you need
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- "I forgot to buy bread" Quick lunchbox Spelt Rolls
- Naan like the takeaway curry naan
- Sophie's 3 Minute Bread
- Pumpernickel style bread with nuts From German Basic Cookbook)
- Easy Hot Cross Buns
- Soft Fluffy White Bread
- Rye Bread
- Polish Bread in pot / casserole
- Sourdough Bread
- Pink beetroot bread
- Jumbo Loaf White Bread
- PALEO BANANA BREAD
- Key Lime Pie
- Devilled Eggs
- Buffalo Wings
- Nectarine and Peach Smoothie
- Panna Cottas with Peaches and Thyme Syrup
- Peach and Raspberry Crumble
- Couscous Vegetable Salad
- Salmon Omelette
- Nectarine, Banana and Green Tea Lollies
- Lamb and Paprika Rice
- Lamb Stuffed with Dried Fruit and Nuts
- RAVIOLI WITH SWEET RICOTTA FILLING AND LAMB RAGU
- Sweet Light Scones
- Granola Bars
- Roasted Red Pepper Puree
- Lemon Meringue Pie - Gluten Free & Lactose Free & Soya Free & Nut Free
- Paleo Beef Burgers
- Variation The Perfect Lasagne
- Healthier hobnob style cookies
- Variation Chicken Enchiladas
- Muhammara (Red pepper and walnut dip)
- Choc Chip Oat and Quinoa Cookies
- JEAN's OWN VEGETABLE SOUP
- Cranberry Curd