- 45 g spelt flour
- 350 g Strong Organic Bread Flour
- 200 g Sourdough starter, At room temperature
- 325 g water
- 10 g salt
18h 5minPreparation 18h 5minBaking/Cooking
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Richard Bertinet sourdough bread recipe.
Add flours to the TM bowl and mix 30 sec / speed 6
Tear up starter and add to bowl and knead for 3 mins.
With 2 mins to go add the water and with 1 minutes to go add the salt.
Put in a well floured basket and prove for 16 - 18 hours
Tip out on to a silicon mat and slash the top with a sharp knife of lame.
Pre heat your oven to 250ºC add your tray or pizza stone. He suggests putting your oven on for at least 2 hours prior to baking your loaf. As you put your loaf in add a tray with a cup of boiling water to the base of the oven. Cook for 5 ins then turn the oven down to 220ºC for 20 -25 mins. Adapted from a Richard Bertinet sourdough bread recipe.
Accessories you need
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- "I forgot to buy bread" Quick lunchbox Spelt Rolls
- Naan like the takeaway curry naan
- Sophie's 3 Minute Bread
- Pumpernickel style bread with nuts From German Basic Cookbook)
- Easy Hot Cross Buns
- Soft Fluffy White Bread
- Rye Bread
- Polish Bread in pot / casserole
- Pink beetroot bread
- Jumbo Loaf White Bread
- PALEO BANANA BREAD
- Roasted Red Pepper Puree
- Lemon Meringue Pie - Gluten Free & Lactose Free & Soya Free & Nut Free
- Paleo Beef Burgers
- Variation The Perfect Lasagne
- Healthier hobnob style cookies
- Variation Chicken Enchiladas
- Muhammara (Red pepper and walnut dip)
- Choc Chip Oat and Quinoa Cookies
- JEAN's OWN VEGETABLE SOUP
- Cranberry Curd
- Guilt free raw chocolate treats
- Healthy breakfast