- 300 g seeded white bread flour, from Waitrose plus extra for dusting
- 200 g strong white bread flour
- 2 tsp Fast Action Dried Yeast (7g sachet), Dove or Allinsons (green label)
- 10 g fine sea salt
- 350 g water, room temperature
- 60 g Mixed seeds, e.g. Sunflower, Linseed, Poppy, Sesame
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Weigh all the ingredients into the mixing bowl. Knead 3 mins / .
Meanwhile grease a 2lb loaf tin or flour a baking tray.
Turn out into a 2lb loaf tin and smooth the top. Sprinkle with seeded flour or seeds.
For a more rustic finish, turn out onto a floured baking tray and shape into a baguette. Sprinkle with seeded flour or seeds.
- Cover with greased cling film and leave in a warm place to double in size - usually 30mins to 1 hour (see Tip).
Towards the end of the rise preheat your oven to 220'C / Fan 200'C / Gas 7.
- Bake for 25 mins until golden and crispy. Serve and enjoy!
Tip: a turned off microwave works great for the rise, or an oven set to 50'C will speed up the process. If using the oven, make sure the cling film is loose, but sealed around the tin or the bread will dry out.
This recipe also makes 9 bread rolls. After step 1, turn the dough out and divide equally into 9 pieces. Shape into balls and place evenly 3 x 3 into a square baking tray. They will rise to touch each other and bake together. Bake for 20 - 25 mins.
This bread can also be flavoured with sundried tomatoes or olives. Pause the kneading after 1 min 30 sec and add the drained pieces (whole) into the machine. Continue kneading 1 min 30 sec and the machine will cut the pieces into the dough. Sprinkle with grated parmesan before baking.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Red pepper and tomato soup
- Masoor dal, red lentil curry
- Apple, Pear and Banana Purée.
- Low fat Pasta with fresh Tarragon and chicken thighs in tomato sauce
- Lemon Meringue Pie - Gluten Free & Lactose Free & Soya Free & Nut Free
- JEAN's OWN VEGETABLE SOUP
- Cranberry Curd
- Healthy breakfast
- "I forgot to buy bread" Quick lunchbox Spelt Rolls
- Naan like the takeaway curry naan
- Asian Pesto
- Pennette with saffron and prawns