- 220 grams warm water
- 1.5 heaped teaspoons Dried yeast (for hand baking), e.g. orange tin Allinsons Dried Active Yeast
- 375 grams strong white bread flour
- 1 level teaspoon salt
2h 10minPreparation 10minBaking/Cooking
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
- Add all the ingredients in the exact order listed.
Make sure that when you add the flour it covers the water and yeast - we don't want the salt coming into contact with the yeast yet.
- Mix 10 seconds speed 7
- Remove mixing bowl cup and lid and scrape down
(one of Lidl's 85p silicone mixers is perfect for this)
- Knead 6 mins
Yes, 6 minutes - I think this is the secret to this recipe!
- Turn out the dough into a large bowl (at least twice the size of your dough ball), form into a tidy round and cover with cling film.
Twiddle the rubber cog on the base of your bowl to get all the dough to drop out.
- Put in a warm place (e.g. airing cupboard) for 1 hour - or until it looks very risen and puffy!
- Remove the dough from the bowl and either:-
- break into 8 equal pieces & make into roll shapes, lay out on a baking tray (lined with greaseproof paper) about 2 inches apart
- form into a log shape and place in a loaf tin (2lb).
turn your oven on at this point.. (180degs fan assisted)
- Put back into the warm place for 30-40 mins until well risen
- Bake for either;-
- 15-18 mins for the 8 rolls
- 17-20 mins for the loaf
Accessories you need
Don't be inclined to cook for longer - as long as your dough was risen well it doesn't need any longer than this.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Bao Buns Recipe
- Pao Alentejano
- Buttermilk whitebread loaf
- "I forgot to buy bread" Quick lunchbox Spelt Rolls
- Naan like the takeaway curry naan
- Sophie's 3 Minute Bread
- Pumpernickel style bread with nuts From German Basic Cookbook)
- Easy Hot Cross Buns
- Rye Bread
- Polish Bread in pot / casserole
- Sourdough Bread
- Greek souvlaki pita bread