- 220 grams warm water
- 1.5 heaped teaspoons Dried yeast (for hand baking), e.g. orange tin Allinsons Dried Active Yeast
- 375 grams strong white bread flour
- 1 level teaspoon salt
2h 10minPreparation 10minBaking/Cooking
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Add all the ingredients in the exact order listed.
Make sure that when you add the flour it covers the water and yeast - we don't want the salt coming into contact with the yeast yet.
- Mix 10 seconds speed 7
Remove mixing bowl cup and lid and scrape down
(one of Lidl's 85p silicone mixers is perfect for this)
Knead 6 mins
Yes, 6 minutes - I think this is the secret to this recipe!
Turn out the dough into a large bowl (at least twice the size of your dough ball), form into a tidy round and cover with cling film.
Twiddle the rubber cog on the base of your bowl to get all the dough to drop out.
- Put in a warm place (e.g. airing cupboard) for 1 hour - or until it looks very risen and puffy!
Remove the dough from the bowl and either:-
- break into 8 equal pieces & make into roll shapes, lay out on a baking tray (lined with greaseproof paper) about 2 inches apart
- form into a log shape and place in a loaf tin (2lb).
turn your oven on at this point.. (180degs fan assisted)
- Put back into the warm place for 30-40 mins until well risen
Bake for either;-
- 15-18 mins for the 8 rolls
- 17-20 mins for the loaf
Accessories you need
Don't be inclined to cook for longer - as long as your dough was risen well it doesn't need any longer than this.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Cauliflower mash
- Red pepper and tomato soup
- Nutella Crepes
- Coconut & Chocolate chip Banana Bread
- Masoor dal, red lentil curry
- Chicken Chasni
- Low fat Pasta with fresh Tarragon and chicken thighs in tomato sauce
- Sweet Light Scones
- Granola Bars
- Roasted Red Pepper Puree
- Paleo Beef Burgers
- Variation The Perfect Lasagne