- 300 grams water
- 30 grams fresh yeast, or 1 sachet (7g) of dried yeast
- 500 grams rye flour
- 10 grams salt
1h 5minPreparation 1h 5minBaking/Cooking
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
- Place water and yeast in mixing bowl and warm 2 min 30 sec/37°C/speed 2.
- Add flour and salt into mixing bowl and knead 3 min/.
- Turn dough out onto floured silicone mat (or baking sheet) and form into a tight ball. Let rise, uncovered, in a warm place until double in size. Approx 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 240°C.
- Carefully lift dough from silicone mat and place directly on oven rack without any tray underneath.
- Add 100ml of water to the bottom of the oven. We use a cake tin for ease and convenience. Immediately close the oven door to ensure the steam circulates.
- Bake for 10 min at 240°C and then reduce oven to 200°C and bake for a further 30 min. Leave to cool on a rack.
- Slice after cooling for minimum 15 min. Serve with lashings of butter or perhaps try serving it with our Beetroot Cured Gravadlax.
This loaf is dense and full of flavour. It will soon become a firm favourite.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- "I forgot to buy bread" Quick lunchbox Spelt Rolls
- Naan like the takeaway curry naan
- Sophie's 3 Minute Bread
- Pumpernickel style bread with nuts From German Basic Cookbook)
- Easy Hot Cross Buns
- Soft Fluffy White Bread
- Polish Bread in pot / casserole
- Sourdough Bread
- Pink beetroot bread
- Jumbo Loaf White Bread
- PALEO BANANA BREAD
- Sweet Light Scones
- Granola Bars
- Roasted Red Pepper Puree
- Lemon Meringue Pie - Gluten Free & Lactose Free & Soya Free & Nut Free
- Paleo Beef Burgers
- Variation The Perfect Lasagne
- Healthier hobnob style cookies
- Variation Chicken Enchiladas
- Muhammara (Red pepper and walnut dip)
- Choc Chip Oat and Quinoa Cookies
- JEAN's OWN VEGETABLE SOUP
- Cranberry Curd