- 620 g flour plain, can use any type
- 40 g oil, canola or grapeseed
- 500 g boiling water
- 1/2 tsp salt, (optional)
8Recipe is created for
Add flour first into tm bowl then add oil, boiling water, and salt.
Set timer for 2 minutes
Remove dough to the thermomat
The dough will resemble play dough in texture, that is correct, when it is cool enough to handle, divide the dough in half and then half again. Then split each 1/4 into 6 small round balls of dough. Roll out thinly into a circle using extra flour to prevent dough sticking. Repeat for each ball of dough. You should have 24 rotis.
At the same time warm up the frying pan/ crepe pan until medium hot, put the roti into pan and dry fry until cooked one side, flip and cook the other side. Continue until all 24 rotis are cooked.
Dough - kneading
Accessories you need
When frying the roti's when they start bubbling one can put on top of the cooking roti a cooked one. This helps keep the roti flat against the fry pan.
These roti's freeze really well and I use them as wraps and fill them with cooked chicken, tm mayo and salad to make yummy lunchtime alternatives to sandwiches for the kids.
Watch the video on how to roll & cook.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Key Lime Pie
- Devilled Eggs
- Buffalo Wings
- Nectarine and Peach Smoothie
- Panna Cottas with Peaches and Thyme Syrup
- Peach and Raspberry Crumble
- Couscous Vegetable Salad
- Salmon Omelette
- Nectarine, Banana and Green Tea Lollies
- Lamb and Paprika Rice
- Lamb Stuffed with Dried Fruit and Nuts
- RAVIOLI WITH SWEET RICOTTA FILLING AND LAMB RAGU
- Chawanmushi - Savoury Custard
- Sophie's 3 Minute Bread
- Chocolate Digestives (adapted from Paul Hollywood's Recipe)
- Courgette & Chorizo Soup
- Soda Bread with Feta & Rosemary
- Chilli prawn linguine
- Red rice with feta, beetroot and smoked mackerel
- Healthy & Delicious Sea Bass Noodle Soup
- portuguese soft/fresh cheese
- Cheese and bacon pastries
- Thermomix Lemon Cod with anchovies
- Quiche (Gluten Free, Lactose Free, Low FODMAP)