- 200 g Potato or Sweet potato
- 1000 g water, for cooking
- 160 g water, cold
- 1 tsp Yeast
- 15 g olive oil
- 300 g bakers flour
- 1 tsp salt
Wash and chop the potato/sweet potato into 2 cm chunks (I leave the skin on).
Place the potato in the simmering basket and add 1000g water to the TM bowl. Cook for 12-15 minutes, Varoma, Speed 2 or until just cooked. Remove the basket and discard the water.
Insert the butterfly. Place the potato into the TM bowl and mash for 20-30 seconds, speed 3-4 or until smooth. Add the cold water and mash for a further 5 seconds, speed 3. Remove the butterfly.
If the temperature has dropped to 37C or below, add the remaining ingredients and knead 2 minutes . If the temperature is above 37C, wait until it has cooled to 37C then proceed with this step.
Check the consistency of the dough, if it is too sticky, add more flour 50g at a time, if it is too dry add more water 20g at a time. Knead for 30s after any additions.
Turn the dough out onto a thermomat or floured surface and knead briefly to form a tight ball. Wrap and leave to prove for 30-40 mins or until doubled in size.
Knock down and shape into desired shape on a baking tray or place into bread tin (I use a small tin, 340g, 18x11x10cm). Leave to prove for a further 30-40 mins or until just at the top of the tin. Preheat oven to 200C.
Slash the top of the loaf (optional) and place bread into the oven and bake for 30 minutes. I switch my oven to bottom element only for the last 10 minutes.
Try adding some rosemary or thyme for more flavour. Chop the herbs with the flour before (10 seconds speed 10) cooking the potato.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- "I forgot to buy bread" Quick lunchbox Spelt Rolls
- Naan like the takeaway curry naan
- Sophie's 3 Minute Bread
- Pumpernickel style bread with nuts From German Basic Cookbook)
- Easy Hot Cross Buns
- Soft Fluffy White Bread
- Rye Bread
- Polish Bread in pot / casserole
- Sourdough Bread
- Pink beetroot bread
- Jumbo Loaf White Bread
- PALEO BANANA BREAD
- Key Lime Pie
- Devilled Eggs
- Buffalo Wings
- Nectarine and Peach Smoothie
- Panna Cottas with Peaches and Thyme Syrup
- Peach and Raspberry Crumble
- Couscous Vegetable Salad
- Salmon Omelette
- Nectarine, Banana and Green Tea Lollies
- Lamb and Paprika Rice
- Lamb Stuffed with Dried Fruit and Nuts
- RAVIOLI WITH SWEET RICOTTA FILLING AND LAMB RAGU
- Lemon Meringue Pie - Gluten Free & Lactose Free & Soya Free & Nut Free
- Paleo Beef Burgers
- Variation The Perfect Lasagne
- Healthier hobnob style cookies
- Variation Chicken Enchiladas
- Muhammara (Red pepper and walnut dip)
- Choc Chip Oat and Quinoa Cookies
- JEAN's OWN VEGETABLE SOUP
- Cranberry Curd
- Guilt free raw chocolate treats
- Healthy breakfast
- Chocolate pear cake