- 195 g warm water
- 1 level tsp active dry yeast
- 2 level tbsp sugar
- 470 g plain flour, can be gluten free!!
- 1 level tsp salt
- 1/4 level tbsp bicarbonate of soda
- 3 level tbsp plain yoghurt
- 2 level tbsp olive oil
- seeds *optional
- butter for frying
3h 30minPreparation 3h 30minBaking/Cooking
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
- 1. Put water, 1tsp of the sugar and the yeast in the mixing bowl, 5min, 37 deg, stir.
- 2. add the yoghurt and olive oil, 20 sec, speed 1.
- 3. add any optional garlic or seeds, add the flour, salt, remaining spoon of sugar and bicarb to the yoghurt mixture, 7 sec speed 5.
- 4. Use knead function for 3 minutes, the transfer to a lightly oiled bowl to rest and rise for 2-4 hours. The mixture can be quite sticky.
- 5. When it is 2-3 times it's original size, gather into a ball in the bowl or place on a mat
- 6. Heat some butter in a frying pan, and with lightly floured hands grab a golf ball size of dough and either shape with your hand or flatten with a rolling pin. I prefer to shape by hand, a rough shape even with a couple of holes seems to make for a better texture.
- 7. Fry the naan in the melted butter for 30 secs to 1 minute on each side depending on the pan temperature, ideally there should be browned spots on the naan where it touches the pan. Put on a plate and cover with a tea towel while you prepare the rest.
- 8. Rinse and repeat until all the dough is used.
Accessories you need
Many thanks to bookbabe on the Australian community website who published this recipe. I have added it here as it is fab and works very well with gluten free plain flour although obviously it doesn't rise as much Can be served as prepared or smothered in garlic butter or sprinkle with salt or poppy seeds as preferred. WARNING very moreish!
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- How can I join money ritual Occult +2347016736329 for political appointment
- ##I want to join occoult for money ritual √√+2347066504800
- +2348155733141 How to join Illuminati 666 in Austria, Cyprus, Guinea, Isreal, North Korea
- -Sandton, Pretoria, johannesburg, Gauteng+27672335783((Lost Love Spell Caster
- <<+27672335783 MOST POWERFUL MAGIC WALLETS IN SOUTH AFRICA,SANDTON,
- Gifted Traditional Healer +27834886458 | Love Spelll Caster in Port Elizabeth,Witbank,Pretoria
- Dr Allan Love Charms call or whatsapp +27635698839
- !! In Midrand Powerful Love Spell Caster +27834886458 | Traditional Healer Witbank
- Top Best Lost Love Spell Caster +27834886458 in Kuwait,Dubai,Qatar,Fiji
- +27834886458 Lost Love Spell Caster in Kuwait,Fiji,Dubai
- Randburg Top Best Love Spell Caster +27834886458 | Traditional Healer
- Bao Buns Recipe