- 200 g milk, full cream
- 45 g Ghee or butter
- 110 g Yoghurt of Choice, (Greek style)
- 2 --- eggs
- 1 teaspoon sugar raw
- 1 tablespoon yeast dry
- 750 g flour
- 1 teaspoon bicarb soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- Cumin Seeds Whole
- sesame seeds whole
4h 0minPreparation 4h 0minBaking/Cooking
8Recipe is created for
Place milk, yoghurt and ghee in bowl, heat 4 minutes 37 degrees till ghee or butter is melted.
add yeast and sugar and mix on speed 1 for 2 minutes.
add eggs and mix at speed 2 for 10s.
Add flour, Bicarb soda and salt.
mix at speed 5 for 10 to 15 seconds or till a ball forms.
knead for 4 minutes or till dough is soft and silky.
Place in a large oiled bowl, cover and let prove for 2-3 hours.
Preheat oven to 250 degrees Celcius with a pizza stone or heavy based pan inside.
turn dough out onto a silicone mat and divide into 9 portions.
I made 18 smaller size which were still quite large.
shape each piece into a flat teardrop shape 3-5 mm thick.
brush with water and sprinkle with cumin and sesame seeds.
press them down slightly to make them stick.
slap 1 or 2 naans onto the pizza stone or heavy based pan,
place in oven for 3-4 minutes or till bread is puffed up, the base "lifts" from the stone and the top is browned.
slide onto cake rack to cool slightly before serving.
to fill the naan (I made cheese and garlic) flatten the dough portion out slightly, spoon the filling on one half and fold over the empty side, sealing the edges,Then flatten out as with the other naans.
I found the recipe in an Indian cookbook from the 70's? just adapted it to the thermomix
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- "I forgot to buy bread" Quick lunchbox Spelt Rolls
- Naan like the takeaway curry naan
- Sophie's 3 Minute Bread
- Pumpernickel style bread with nuts From German Basic Cookbook)
- Easy Hot Cross Buns
- Soft Fluffy White Bread
- Rye Bread
- Polish Bread in pot / casserole
- Sourdough Bread
- Pink beetroot bread
- Jumbo Loaf White Bread
- PALEO BANANA BREAD
- Key Lime Pie
- Devilled Eggs
- Buffalo Wings
- Nectarine and Peach Smoothie
- Panna Cottas with Peaches and Thyme Syrup
- Peach and Raspberry Crumble
- Couscous Vegetable Salad
- Salmon Omelette
- Nectarine, Banana and Green Tea Lollies
- Lamb and Paprika Rice
- Lamb Stuffed with Dried Fruit and Nuts
- RAVIOLI WITH SWEET RICOTTA FILLING AND LAMB RAGU
- Lemon Meringue Pie - Gluten Free & Lactose Free & Soya Free & Nut Free
- Paleo Beef Burgers
- Chicken curry
- Variation The Perfect Lasagne
- Healthier hobnob style cookies
- Variation Chicken Enchiladas
- Victoria Sponge
- Muhammara (Red pepper and walnut dip)
- Choc Chip Oat and Quinoa Cookies
- Guilt free raw chocolate treats
- Healthy breakfast
- Chocolate pear cake